- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
Director, Sales Representative
Location: London, England, United KingdomThe Role / Responsibilities:
This role is responsible for working with other sales colleagues and other internal stakeholders to drive the sales process of our Structured Finance Solution for Issuers. Key activities include identifying and qualifying prospects, initiating new sales activity and managing sales cycles to closure. Additionally, the role requires the assessment of client needs and providing client-specific strategic guidance and product overviews. Moody's Analytics Securitization Issuance solutions cover the full spectrum of structured and asset-based issuance requirements to improve efficiency, reduce risk and improve deal execution .
- Build and execute on sales strategies to meet or exceed annual sales goals and targets that align with the company's vision and objectives.
- Lead sales colleagues and other internal stakeholders to drive the sales process from beginning to end by identifying and qualifying prospects, initiating new sales activity and managing sales cycles to closure.
- Own the development of business within assigned territories.
- Partner with Solution Specialists to develop clear, concise proposals and deliver targeted client demos that address client needs.
- Direct Product Management and Product Strategy to promote improvement in product quality and the development of new sources of revenue.
- Build customers' trust in Moody's as a 'trusted partner' through insightful and client-specific advice leveraging market, product and technical expertise.
- Identify additional products and services from across all Moody's businesses that clients may benefit from and introduce them appropriately into dialogue with clients.
- Be recognized as a market expert and provide product/service use cases during the sales cycle.
- Serve as the main liaison between the client service team, the client and the implementation services organization on each services opportunity.
- Lead the preparation and circulation of market insight comments to create awareness of Moody's expertise internally and externally.
- Lead the training of new team members.
- Represent Moody's as effective external spokesperson for the organization.
- Provide accurate, complete and current forecasts and pipeline information to management.
- Position requires travel which is largely self-managed and planned in advance (approximately 20% to 40% of your time).
The position is part of the Moody's Analytics Global Sales and Customer Service Group. The team is responsible for managing and growing overall client relationships within large financial institutions; including Investment Banks, Commercial Banks, Insurance companies and Asset Management firms.
- Experience working in direct business-to-business sales roles with a focus on serving financial services and/or corporate treasury customers
- Demonstrable knowledge of Structured Finance
- Solid understanding of different parts of the global financial services industry, including market dynamics and customers' business drivers.
- Ability to present high-level information as well as detailed demonstrations of products & services.
- Experience utilising consultative selling techniques.
- Proven ability of accurate pipeline management from initial lead to close.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills
- Skilled in establishing, developing, and maintaining key relationships within accounts, including senior executives, both internally and externally.
- Undergraduate / first degree (e.g. Bachelor's degree) required, with coursework in business, economics, finance or related fields
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.