We are MUFG. 360 years of heritage. A world-class set of businesses. And more than 180,000 employees in 50 markets. It’s no surprise that MUFG has grown to become one of the top five banks in the world. Our services include commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing. MUFG offers stability in an ever-changing market, providing services to high-profile clients worldwide. Our vision? To become the world’s most trusted financial group. You’ll help us achieve it.
OVERVIEW OF THE DEPARTMENT/SECTION
The Market Risk team is part of the broader Market and Liquidity Risk Management department and represents the firm’s second line of defence to monitor adherence to the firm’s market risk appetite.
NUMBER OF DIRECT REPORTS
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Part of the Market Risk Management team in Risk EMEA which is responsible for sound risk management to support the achievement of MUFG Group’s strategic objectives and proper governance with regard to Market Risk and Liquidity Risk
In this role, the successful candidate will support the Head of Market Risk by focusing on both BAU and project related activities. The candidate will be supporting activities for Market Risk across MUFG’s banking arm and securities business under a dual-hat arrangement. Under this arrangement, the candidate will act and make decisions on behalf of both the Bank and the Securities business, subject to the same remit and level of authority, and irrespective of the employing entity
- Analyse and assess the impact of the firm’s trading positions both at a micro and macro level, for assigned businesses; day to day responsibility for Rates departments including XVA risk management.
- Ensure adequate limits (VaR, sensitivities, stress) and risk framework are in place aligning with the firm’s overall risk appetite and desk mandates
- Work closely with the Front Office and support departments to establish new business activities and products and ensure key risk issues are highlighted and addressed in the trade approval process
- Proactive input into Management Information, including risk-adjusted performance measures, to facilitate better business decisions and resource allocation
- Maintain oversight over the quality of risk information in reports produced by the reporting team.
- Ensure appropriate engagement of Market Risk in relevant compliance/control processes and initiatives, e.g. Volcker, Operational Risk, Internal Audits etc.
- Ensure that Market Risk Management is a key stakeholder in the risk projects programme and ensures that the programme reflects business and functional needs
- Work experience in Market Risk Management, with a focus on rates derivatives and XVA/CVA
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Functional / Technical Competencies:
Strong knowledge of rates market risk and XVA risk for both vanilla and exotic products.
- Thorough understanding of Var, and stress testing.
- Understanding of valuation models relevant to the business
- Excellent understanding of capital markets and products.
- FRTB and/or LIBOR decommission implementation experience
- Experience with managing teams
Education / Qualifications:
- At least a 2:1 Degree or equivalent in a numerical / science based subject
- CFA or equivalent post-graduate professional qualification
- Excellent communication skills
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- A proactive, motivated approach.
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills
- A creative and innovative approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
- Strong numerical skills
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements