Director, Origination and Execution (Offshore Wind)
Due to a recent move, we are looking for an experienced Director to come in as a product expert, responsible for originating, structuring and executing Project Finance products in the Power and Renewables sector, particularly Offshore Wind. You will work closely with Relationship Managers to manage client sales/client interaction in order to support product development, risk solutions and cross-sell opportunities.
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with approximately 350 years of history, MUFG is a global network with 1100 offices in over 40 countries. The Group has over 140,000 employees and about 300 entities offering services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management and leasing.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Lead business development activity and pitch opportunities in line with business objectives.
- Manage day-to-day client or counterparty interactions within the project finance area at a counterpart level; identifying and understanding client needs in order to develop and originate product solutions.
- Manage debt and advisory deal negotiations within specified limits for less complex projects.
- Analyse and interpret a range of complex financial and market data sources to understand product performance and potential impact.
- Manage the credit application process and present credit cases to internal audiences, showing an understanding of credit requirements to develop a compelling business rationale to enable transactions.
We are looking for candidates with the following:
- Degree educated or equivalent amount of relevant experience.
- Solid experience in both lending and advisory in the Power & Renewables (particularly in Offshore Wind) sector essential.
- Strong product understanding and experience in structured finance and the relevant sectors.
- Good understanding of the broader product set in order to facilitate cross-sell.
- Thorough knowledge of credit, risk management, market and legal aspects of structured finance.
- Ability to work effectively and engagingly with the client coverage teams and other product groups.
- Self starter with a flexible, positive, tenacious attitude and attention to detail.
Please note that due to high volume of responses, we will contact only successful candidates within a week of application.
MUFG Bank (a member of MUFG, a global financial group) is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.