Director, Metals & Mining
Director, Metals & Mining
Reference number: 1900027876
Location: London, UK
Opening date for applications: 14 February 2020
Closing date for applications: 13 March 2020
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Assist in the development and implementation of the client strategy for the designated portfolio as identified through the Account Planning process and the industry strategy
- Accountability for delivering financial performance objectives (revenues, costs, RoRWA, etc)
- Accountability for all other objectives for the management and development of client relationships, specifically compliance (AML, CDD) and credit risk
- Actively originate new business, expand the existing client relationship and grow the franchise by capitalising on bank competitive attributes (eg advisory, DCM, Project Finance etc.), whilst selectively developing new relationships where required
- Maximise the profitable revenue to the Bank whilst maintaining focus on client outcomes, strengthening and deepening existing relationships
- Ensure that industry and product knowledge is continually developed
- Stay abreast and anticipate the developments of the Industries
- Develop opportunities through attendance of key Industry events
- Proactively manage the designated client portfolio
- The client portfolio is managed in compliance with the regulatory environment
- Key regulatory risks and concerns are raised into the governance framework throughout the CB team
- All sales disciplines are adhered to in accordance with IC/CIB standards ie Account Planning, Call Reports, Deal Pipeline Management
People and Talent
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
- Take the initiative regarding regulatory, reputational and ethical matters, taking the initiative for providing proactive advice to clients as identified
- Ensure that key regulatory risks and concerns are raised into the governance framework throughout the Corporate Teams
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group's arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the revenue origination activities in the M&M portfolio to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Bachelor degree
- Financial and accounting training at a reputable investment bank (mandatory)
- Proven experience of building strong relationships with banking key clients, client origination, execution (mandatory)
- Proven market knowledge of the Metals & Mining industry (mandatory)
- Experience in managing & originating new transactions in the sector (mandatory)
- Industry specific (M&M) advisory experience (mandatory)
- Proven understanding of the regulatory framework, and the regulatory requirements and expectation relevant to the role
- Risk & AML certified as stipulated by Bank policy
: We are looking for candidates that align to our culture and values, which are an important part of who we are and what we stand for as an organisation. To be considered as a candidate, you will be required to complete a Culture Fit Assessment - this is an online assessment of your alignment and behavioral fit to our culture. The test takes approximately 30 minutes to completes and is mandatory.
Should you not complete this assessment, you will be considered as not meeting the requirement of the role.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .