Director, Lender Advisory Services
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Alvarez & Marsal
- 09 Mar 18 2018-03-09
This is a fantastic opportunity to join Alvarez & Marsal’s Lender Advisory Services as we look to grow this exciting new A&M business. Leading figures from the lender advisory market have recently joined A&M and they are now looking for talented individuals to join their rapidly expanding team. You will work on multi-stakeholder and often multi-national restructuring advisory engagements delivering a blend of review work and stakeholder advisory work to distressed businesses. If you are an experienced restructuring professional who is now looking for a ‘hands on’, entrepreneurial environment where you can really make a difference, then please apply.
Companies, investors and government entities around the world turn to Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) when conventional approaches are not enough to activate change and achieve results.
Privately-held since 1983, A&M is a leading global professional services firm that delivers performance improvement, turnaround management and business advisory services to organizations seeking to transform operations, catapult growth and accelerate results through decisive action. Our senior professionals are experienced operators, world-class consultants and industry veterans who draw upon the firm's restructuring heritage to help leaders turn change into a strategic business asset, manage risk and unlock value at every stage.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join Alvarez & Marsal’s Lender Advisory Services as we look to grow this exciting new A&M business. Leading figures from the lender advisory market have recently joined A&M and they are now looking for talented individuals to join their rapidly expanding team. You will work on multi-stakeholder and often multi-national restructuring advisory engagements delivering a blend of review work and stakeholder advisory work to distressed businesses. If you are an experienced restructuring professional who is now looking for a ‘hands on’, entrepreneurial environment where you can really make a difference, then please apply to our role.
- Quickly understand challenging and rapidly changing situations to enable you to develop creative and innovative solutions/options for businesses and their stakeholders..
- Build strong, trusted, long term relationships with key stakeholders in the UK and European lending community through the delivery of value added client engagements
- Work with Managing Directors and Senior Directors to deliver client projects, taking on the role of key engagement contact as and when required
- Management of engagements and projects to scope time and budget
- Lead the design and development of client ready deliverables with minimal Managing Director input
- The opportunity be involved in business development activities including the creation of client pitches and proposals to win new creditor mandates
- Continuously keeping abreast of industry developments and regulation
- Extensive experience within a lender advisory professional services team
- Ability to demonstrate experience delivering complex restructuring projects including IBRs, short term cash flow and capital structure analysis
- Experience of managing multiple stakeholders within both lenders and corporates in challenging situations
- Able to demonstrate experience of working with operational and finance teams within large distressed organisations
- Accountancy qualified (ACA, ACCA or equivalent)
In addition to the skills and qualities detailed above, the desired candidate will also demonstrate the following attributes;
- Capacity to thrive in a fast-paced, challenging, and uncertain environment
- Strong facilitation skills, forging consensus around credible, executable solutions.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, confident and impactful presenter.
- Objective, fact based approach to problem solving.
- Driven by values and integrity, talks straight, builds confidence and leads by example.
Lifestyle and values
Attracted by our meritocratic culture and the opportunity to build a business with like-minded individuals, our people have joined A&M from senior roles industry and commerce, the Big 4, top tier strategy houses, private equity firms, hedge funds and leading financial services institutions. A&M is an outcomes focused business founded on the principles of objectivity, pragmatism and tangible and measurable success.
Our people have built their credentials through careers that combine experience in industry management and professional services. A&M has a proven track record of managing complex, high profile situations and delivery through world class expertise and excellence in execution. The culture of the business offers variety of skill, language, heritage and professional background and therefore is unique in terms of style and approach. This is a business where your colleagues are your best allies and ideally, your best friends. A business where good friendships thrive and trust is as true internally as with the client. Furthermore, the values of the business which include integrity and fun as well as just reward for great work comes to life when you become part of the team.
It is Alvarez & Marsal’s policy to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.