Director, Investment Solutions - Fixed Income
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description
The Director in the Investment Solutions Group establishes the research agenda for their area of specialization, researches and integrates MFS's views, develops insights, thought leadership and delivers these to MFS' clients and internal MFS constituents. The Director may lead a team and/or work independently in close coordination with the investment department globally in researching, analyzing and writing/publishing MFS's views via client ready presentations, white papers, webcasts, and respond to client inquiries. T he Director may also be involved in working with other subject matter experts within Investment Solutions, Global Product and the Investment teams on fixed income related client consulting projects. Finally the Director will s erve as a subject matter expert by participating in due diligence or sales meetings with institutional clients and professional buyers primarily in the EMEA region to communicate our views in both one on one meetings and various hosted and industry events. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES :
JOB REQUIREMENTS :
- Develop and implement a comprehensive ongoing research agenda and program related to issues of most interest to clients in the selected area of specialization. This includes the analysis of various industry trends, staying abreast of client preferences and asset owner/ professional buyer investment behavior in fixed income.
- Lead the development of MFS's collateral for an enhanced client dialog and engagement model by working closely with both client facing and investment management teams. This includes identifying and developing a perspective on investment topics that MFS's relationship management teams can bring to clients to build strategic partnerships.
- Integrate the perspectives and output of various fixed income teams and lead the compilations and development of MFS house views, create and maintain presentations to support the investment teams in the relevant area of expertise.
- Travel with the institutional and retail teams to participate in client events, conferences and road shows to communicate MFS views to develop and deepen client engagement in the EMEA region.
- Develop training tools, videos, white papers and discussion guides to enhance MFS's distribution expertise and dialog with retail and professional buyer clients.
- Performs additional duties as requested.
- Bachelor's degree required; CFA, MBA or other Masters' degree required.
- Thorough understanding of investment management industry with extensive experience with institutional and professional buyer clients is required .
- Experience in client facing and/or research roles and in researching and delivering technical content.
- A deep level of expertise with fixed income asset classes is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as strong presentation experience required. Ability and willingness to create and deliver presentations is required.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively with business partners is required.
- Leadership and management experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated expertise with investment related database software, all components of Microsoft Office.
- Experience with Factset, Bloomberg, Point, BARRA is a plus.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively and manage multiple tasks simultaneously within tight deadlines.
- Superior analytical skills required.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."