Director, Investment Banking - Product Management
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 21 Apr 18 2018-04-21
Director, Investment Banking - Product Management
S&P Global Market Intelligence
The Role: S&P Global Market Intelligence is seeking a Director of Product Management to support the Investment Banking team. In this role the Director of Product Management will support the "Sell side" Product Management and Market Development function, which predominantly focuses on customers in the Investment Banking and Boutique advisory space. This role is responsible for market outreach and supports the development life cycle of S&P Global Market Intelligence products in the EMEA region.
The Location: London, UK
The Impact: This position impacts the business unit's ability to implement products/platforms and programs to drive revenue and achieve the strategic objectives of the Global Investment Management team. This position interacts with external Sell side influential clients/prospects; and engages with leadership and peers outside of own team in the Product, commercial and Technology groups. You will work with teams across the business to develop new product ideas, will present externally at industry events, participates in professional associations, conferences and other external activities and interacts with clients as needed to support the MHFI Products.
What's in it for you: This position provides the opportunity to play highly involved strategic role in the EMEA region in an 'S&P Global 1200 Index' organization. In your role you will partner with a broad set of internal and external stakeholders including sales, marketing, operations and the broader product management team to: (a) support product positioning by developing and delivering localized actionable thought leadership in the form of investment research; (b) assess and size market opportunities to feed into product (develop and improve new and existing products) through desktop and market research; (c) support go-to-market activities in partnership with other cross functional teams;. The external aspect of this role involves communicating the investment insights resulting from the research. The channels for communication are broad, including: industry events, webinars, and face to face meetings with investment practitioners. A significant amount of time will be spent interacting with clients around investment solutions.
Our Hiring Manager says: "Successful candidates will have deep financial market experience and understanding, and have a passion for asset management and risk analysis. In addition, candidates should be able to work well in a team, be highly self-motivated with the ability to execute independently".
What We're Looking For:
- You will have the ability to interact with clients in a confident manner
- You will have the ability to present to technical audiences commanding sufficient subject matter expertise and gravitas
- You will be able to multi-task and manage multiple project/client engagements at a given time and under tight deadlines is important
- You will have the ability to balance conflicting themes and client objectives
- You will be comfortable with the idea of travel (mostly within EMEA)
Product management input and Go-to-market:
- Manages the project planning for product/platform development initiatives with internal & external constituents; Meets with clients to understand needs and conducts training/consulting meetings as appropriate. Assist and provides technical SME and analytic support for the creation of new product business plans.
- Develops and maintains a database of all potential customers in the market for new products/platform to be launched.
- Actively participate in testing newly developed functionality and ensure it accurately responds to clients' expectations; support commercial testing and market adoption initiatives to achieve superior satisfaction with S&P Global Market Intelligence offering; manage all aspects of the client satisfaction and product experience process.
- Performs complex analysis, research, modelling, etc. as part of various proof-of-concept activities, including building prototypes and assessing the appropriateness of specific product capabilities.
- Assist the sales team with technical conversations associated with new initiatives. Answer all complex client and trial account queries around new initiatives in a timely fashion; liaise with the Data, Analytics, IT and Management teams to provide most accurate and timely response possible; document customer interaction, including feedback and enhancement requests.
Drive Market Education and broaden S&P Global Market Intelligence (SPGMI) brand awareness:
- Promote Market Awareness of SPGMI offering via the creation of insightful investment research and the contribution to content marketing to drive revenue.
- Conduct actionable innovative research around investment strategies using the entire suite of data and analytics at SPGMI.
- Publish industry leading research in white papers, blogs, and research briefs; Present at sponsored and industry events and conduct webinars.
- Work closely with sales as a subject matter expert, providing proof statements to clients around research. Disseminate and provide training to sales and field marketing teams. Provides insights into best practices and is able to speak to how MHFI products can be leveraged.
Market research and development:
- Develop, manage and maintain a comprehensive outreach program with important clients and prospects. Analyze and document customer interactions and findings in a structured manner. Document the typical customer and their buying process, conducts comparative analysis against competitors and interpret results of product/platform opportunities to help inform tactical and strategic commercial campaigns, as well as product direction, features and roadmaps
- Help prioritize next set of enhancements to maximize added value to users; provide input at the specification phase and during the development process to ensure client needs are represented.
- 10+ years in the financial services sector (either at a vendor and/or a Financial Institution in an Investment Banking environment)
- University degree in finance, corporate finance, economics or related subject.
- An advanced certification Masters on Business/Economics/Finance or similar is a requirement. CFA (or working towards) is preferred
- Strong knowledge of M&A, global financial markets and multiple asset classes
- Demonstrable, directly related product/ market development work experience
- A professional, highly dedicated, detail-oriented, and energetic personality, with the ability to work and thrive in an entrepreneurial and team environment. Result's oriented, and team player
- Analytical skills and mind-set and creative problem solving ability able to take ideas and feedback in a professional and courteous manner.
- Probes more deeply when confronted with inconsistent or interesting findings. Thoroughly checks soundness of own/team work
- Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas effectively, strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to explain complex investment concepts in simple terms
- Excellent presentation skills. Ability to take on internal and external presentation responsibilities
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office (in particular advance Excel & PowerPoint), data query tools and SalesForce.com are a requirement. Familiarity with major data, research and analytics platforms like CIQ, Factset, Thompson Reuters, is a plus.
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research, and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies, and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit: S&P Global Market Intelligence
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law .