Director, Investment/Product Strategy, EMEA iShares Fixed Income
Description About this role About our Business
BlackRock's Global Fixed Income platform manages over than $1.8 trillion in fixed income assets across index, ETF, fundamental and model-based strategies. The platform offers fixed income investors one of the industry's broadest array of passive and active investment choices, providing access to our skilled portfolio management teams, offering deep market expertise, and industry leading risk management systems.
As part of this platform, BlackRock manages over $600 bn of fixed income exchange traded funds (ETFs) globally, including more than $150bn within EMEA. This is a significant growth area for the firm. About our Team
Fixed Income Product Strategy is responsible for offering clients and prospects connectivity to the investment process, and transparency to each portfolio management team's autonomous views and investment decisions. Critical to the success of the Product Strategy function is the maintenance of strong relationships with the Retail Sales, Institutional Sales, and Manager Research teams, which are responsible for managing and developing BlackRock's client and consultant relationships.
The iShares Fixed Income Product Strategy team is responsible for helping to drive the commercialization, thought leadership and product innovation for iShares Bond ETFs. The team interfaces with the portfolio management teams, fixed income business leads, relationship managers and end investors.
Within EMEA, one of our key focus areas is driving Bond ETF adoption with institutional investors including pension funds and insurance companies as well as offering new products that would cater for their needs. About this Role
The iShares Fixed Income Strategy Team is looking for a Director to act as a representative for our iShares Fixed Income ETF strategies.
This person will be responsible for helping drive the growth of the iShares fixed income business through engagement with internal sales teams (such as our Institutional Client business and Financial Institutions Group) and clients, as well as through the development, preparation and maintenance of investment content and product, market and business-related materials. They will be expected to handle a wide array of requests and tasks and will work closely with portfolio managers, other product strategists, and internal sales and marketing teams.
Through this role, they would gain familiarity with the investment and portfolio construction process across our product range and help to shape how we commercialize them across all sales channels. In addition, they will work with our internal partners to help develop new products and use cases for clients.
Key Responsibilities will include:
About our ideal candidate
- Developing a deep understanding of bond ETF portfolio construction and client use cases
- Assisting in new product development in support of the broader iShares Product Innovation efforts Maintaining and articulating an understanding of fixed income markets and mechanics, and how fixed income ETFs relate to other fixed income instruments
- Thoroughly understanding the Portfolio Management team's function and investment process to represent the platform in client meetings
- Developing and overseeing the maintenance of marketing materials
- Presenting at client and prospect meetings and conferences
- Coordinating with internal sales teams, marketing, legal & compliance, operations, risk and portfolio analytics teams regarding ad-hoc client inquiries and client investment due diligence requests
- Understanding the competitive landscape and developing key points of differentiation for BlackRock
Some of the specific things we look for in the people we hire include:
- Undergraduate degree; CFA designation or participation preferred
- 7+ years prior experience in a fixed income role (buy side or sell side)
- Strong fixed income experience and knowledge; prior ETF experience beneficial but not required
- A thorough understanding of institutional clients and their needs, particularly as relates to fixed income markets
- A structuring, solutions or derivatives background would be a significant plus
- Excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to multi-task quickly and efficiently
- Willingness to travel internationally as needed
- Fluency in English and, preferably, another major European language; German-speaker would be a strong advantage.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.81 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock .
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.