Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with over 360 years of history, MUFG has a global network with around 3,000 offices in more than 50 markets. The Group has over 180,000 employees and offers services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing.
As one of the top financial groups globally with a vision to be the world's most trusted, we want to attract, nurture and retain the most talented individuals in the market. The size and range of MUFG's global business create opportunities for our employees to stretch themselves and reap the rewards, whilst our common values, to behave with integrity and responsibility, and to build a culture that is fair, transparent, and honest, underpin everything that we do. We aim to be the financial partner of choice for our clients, whatever their requirements, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
Please visit our website for more information - mufgemea.com.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Commodity Finance (“CF”) Team primarily provides working capital solutions to commodity traders and commodity corporates based in EMEA (Producers, processors, marketers, distributors, etc) to meet their financing needs in all phases of commodity trading activities;
· Risk/Credit: Play an independent and centralized role for the management and monitoring of the risk taken in the CF portfolio;
· Risk/Credit: As a sector expert from a risk and structuring perspective ensure a consistently high-quality standard across the credit analysis, risk assessment, and monitoring process for the CF portfolio and further ensure the CF Business is complaint with internal risk framework;
· Portfolio Management (PM): Co-ordinate various related PM functions including a) MIS & Reporting b) Streamlining team’s interaction with support functions c) Running/Co-ordination of various projects, which are credit (e.g. ratings) or non-credit related (e.g. IBOR, Cross Border)
· Management: Support Head of CF and contribute with regards to general management, the strategy of CF Team, and related miscellaneous tasks and represent the team in various internal and external platforms.
· Ensure a consistent, high quality and balanced approach across the entire credit process for the completion of the credit application and monitoring process within challenging time frames;
· Write up/submit credit papers by leading by example when needed and in some more sensitive cases;
· Manage and monitor the overall risk of the CF portfolio and ensure it is in line with MUFG credit appetite and in compliance with internal policies and procedures as well as regulatory requirements;
· Manage the CF portfolio from an independent and centralized point of view to provide consistent advice and guidance to relationship managers and analysts on the consideration and implementation of consistent credit approach, procedures, risks, and mitigants, and other elements for appropriate and balanced decision making;
· Support Head of CF with the management of CF portfolio and team and actively contribute towards team’s strategies.
· Take leadership in the credit/risk initiatives to enhance the credit process, management of CF portfolio as well as collaboration with internal and external stakeholders and represent the team accordingly;
· Liaise with other credit/risk teams to ensure credit consistency across EMEA and globally;
· Act as sector expert from credit perspective for all commodities handled by CF team;
· Keep CF Credit Manual updated
· Contribute to the development, adaptation, and application of policy, procedures, and analysis to ensure a relevant, compliant and rigorous approach to the management of any risk which can negatively affect the portfolio;
· Manage team member’s performance, coach, and guide as required to ensure appropriate development in order to achieve high performance from team members;
· Attend client meetings, risk reviews, external forums, and events to keep abreast of the relevant market, regulatory, economic, political, and other developments.
· Attend credit watch forums, collaborate with internal counterparts to develop compromise solutions, for challenging credit cases;
· Collaborate closely with Team Head – Energy and Team Head – Metal and Agri to ensure consistent and efficient management of the credit & execution resources. Invite & involve credit analysts (and sometimes RMs) from these deal teams to various projects/working groups.
· Lead the interaction with the internal/external auditor to ensure a smooth and efficient auditing process;
· Co-ordinate various related PM functions including :
· MIS & Reporting such as profit, exposure, returns & related management presentations etc
· Streamlining team’s interaction with support functions and related workflows, by closely interacting/co-operating with Business Support & Business Management
· Running/Co-ordination of various projects/working groups, which are credit (e.g. Audit, Rating methodologies, DD enhancement) or non-credit related (e.g. IBOR, Cross Border)
· Approximately 10-15 years commodity trade finance or banking experience;
· Extensive background in Credit Risk Analysis and/or Credit Sanctioning
· Experience at managing a direct report or a team
· Background in commodity finance or natural resources sector.
· Background in portfolio management
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· Specialist knowledge within credit and strong understanding of commodity finance products/procedures;
· Computer literacy, including core Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint)
· Strong quantitative/numerical skills
· Proven ability to communicate effectively with internal and external clients
· Preferably specialized in energy commodities or metals or Agri commodities
Education / Qualifications:
· Preference for a Master's degree with Specific training in credit risk management and portfolio management.
· Strong analytical and numeracy skills based on relevant systems and models
· Interpersonal skills and networking skills
· Coaching and development skills
· Excellent communication skills
· Results-driven, with a strong sense of accountability
· A proactive, motivated approach.
· The ability to operate with urgency and prioritize work accordingly
· Strong decision-making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgment
· A structured and logical approach to work
· Strong problem-solving skills
· A creative and innovative approach to work
· The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
· Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
· A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurized environment
· Lead by example
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organizational requirements.
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity, and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion, or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.