Director, External Communications
Description About this role
The global Corporate Communications team at BlackRock is responsible for internal and external communications efforts that advance BlackRock's purpose of helping more and more people experience financial well-being. We work to develop compelling communications programs that enhance the firm's culture, drive growth, strengthen our reputation and build our brand. Why is your role important?
Based in London, you will lead of our communications efforts for the UK market. This will include responsibility for planning and executing communications initiatives, including proactive commercially-oriented campaigns, as well as corporate and reputation management. What will you be doing?
What are we looking for?
- Partnering closely with senior executives, business heads and other members of the Corporate Communications and Marketing teams to drive critical communications programs.
- Managing our profile and enhancing BlackRock's reputation by driving impactful communication programs that align with the firm's key areas of growth.
- Working with a wide range of internal stakeholders including our client and portfolio management groups, Sustainable Investing, Public Policy and Investment Stewardship to manage BlackRock's profile on critical corporate initiatives.
- Developing media strategy and story ideas for key focus areas. Maintaining strong working relationships with business/financial and trade media across channels (print, online, broadcast and social).
- 12+ years' experience in media relations and issues management in the financial services industry and/or PR agency.
- Detailed understanding of capital markets and issues facing institutional and individual investors. A wealth of active and index product and investment knowledge.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to build relationships with our executives, journalists and colleagues around the world.
- An upbeat teammate and driven self-starter, with a positive attitude and excellent work ethic.
- Ability to multitask and operate with flexibility in a fast-paced environment to meet tight deadlines.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.