The Director will own the end-to-end deal process from which will include managing negotiation of loan & security documentation (LMA and US). Strong transactional and / or portfolio management experience required.
The Corporate Credit Solutions team is responsible for developing and managing credit relationships with clients and prospects across a variety of asset classes: PLCs, owner-managed and sponsor-owned Corporates all in the mid to large cap space. The Credit Solutions team leads the deal structuring and due diligence process, partnering with the Technology Bankers on the delivery and negotiation of debt solutions and is responsible for proactive & robust portfolio management.
Responsibilities will also include the training and personal development of Associates and VPs in the team as well as leading on cross team collaboration projects around business and product development, strategic priorities and enhancing SVB values.
The Director will own the end to end deal process:
- Ensuring consistently high standards of diligence, underwriting and execution whilst delighting clients and adhering to SVB lending policies.
- Managing negotiation of loan & security documentation (LMA and US).
- Managing senior stakeholders both internally and externally, maintaining an external network in the Technology and Corporate Finance ecosystems.
- Supporting the origination and execution efforts across Europe including Germany, Israel, Ireland and Denmark.
- Represent SVB externally and always promoting the SVB brand and values.
- Coaching more junior members and providing strong oversight whilst also directly line managing up to 4 team members.
This role will also include day-to-day portfolio management of borrowing clients:
- Building trusted partner relationships with clients, investors and key influencers in the finance and tech communities.
- Day-to-day credit management of a portfolio of borrowing clients. Responsibility to include regular meetings with clients and proactively identifying credit risks.
- Reporting upon portfolio KPIs and emerging trends and interacting with the credit / risk function.
- proactive portfolio management, including maintaining credit quality and profitability targets.
- Remaining abreast of market, sector and competitive trends will be important. You will need to engage and build relationships with key client stakeholders to remain well-informed and be able to respond to changing circumstances while appropriately balancing client and SVB needs. Develop and deliver insights and points of view on loan types and credit/performance trends in sectors/sub-sectors.
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate would have the following experience and attributes:
- Previous experience in cashflow lending within a Corporate Banking context is essential.
- Strong transactional and / or portfolio management experience. Ability to comfortably lead structuring, due diligence and negotiations with clients that have complex financing needs.
- Credit risk evaluation, financial analysis and credit writing skills.
- Good knowledge of loan documentation and negotiation experience.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Proactive, self-motivated with high levels of energy and strong work ethic.
- Skilled at proactively managing large and complex portfolio of borrowing relationships.
- Coaching and development of talent and management of more junior team members.
- Experience of asset-based lending would be a bonus.
- Excellent communication skills essential.