Leading Private Markets fund and corporate services firm is looking for an experienced Client Relationship Director based in our London or Jersey Office you will manage and strengthen the relationships with assigned key clients, develop relationship plans to improve client service and overall efficiency and contribute to the corporate growth and development.
The company is global leading private markets outsourcing specialist, who offer a comprehensive range of services spanning fund administration across private markets including, corporate services, agency services, CLO collateral administration, credit and structured product services, depositary services, transfer pricing, wealth administration, domiciliation, and management company services, thus providing a more streamlined process.
- Strategic responsibility for the delivery of our services and ensure overall client satisfaction
- Reporting to the Head of Relationship Management – Europe, the Sales & Relationship Manager will provide Relationship Management for Private Market (Private Equity, Real Asset, Debt Capital Market sectors) client portfolio;
- Day to day client relationship management for your portfolio of clients;
- Develop and expand the existing portfolio of clients to offer both Funds, Corporate Services and Debt Capital Market products;
- Identify new business leads on the local and international markets;
- Follow closely local and international regulatory updates that affect the industries we operate in and in particular our clients
- Ensure prompt communication of new developments and business challenges throughout the organisation and the client base;
- Work on proposals in relation to your client portfolio and new clients and new engagements. Your work will include scoping, costing, and initial client on-boarding and interactions;
- Achieve a sales target to be defined annually with your line manager;
- Follow the bad debt recovery and escalation for cash collection for your client portfolio;
- Proactively engage and grow the network of business partners and business feeders;
- Comply with Alter Domus best practices and Code of Conduct;
- Analysis of data and tracking KPI’s mainly related to profitability of your client portfolio.
- You will build your internal and external business networks, driving personal and business growth through a commitment of collaboration and teamwork.
- Proven experience in a senior relationship management or client service management role in the financial services industry;
- Strong knowledge of the Alternative industry, the business and service needs of industry participants, and an understanding of the global service delivery models with specific reference to alternative vehicles;
- Good network within the local business feeders and asset management community;
- Proven skills in negotiation, relationship management, leadership and conflict resolution;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to foster positive interaction with external and internal parties;
- Strong analytical skills and cross-functional knowledge to assess opportunities and implement process improvements;
- Self-motivated and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities in a fast paced working environment;
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills;