Digital & Innovation Risk Strategist /Manager
- £80-105k + bonus GBP
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- McCabe & Barton
- 21 Sep 18 2018-09-21
Reporting to global head (and be his deputy) this role is to ensure the effective oversight (and mitigation) of the risks associated with the adoption of the latest and greatest digital tech across the Retail Bank. That said, my client would ideally like to find someone from outside of the financial services, to bring a fresh set of eyes who can not only have oversight of 1LOD/ identification of risks but crucially to ensure they are addressed in a way that not only supports but promotes entrepreneurial speed.
Leading Financial Services client is seeking a very specific individual (most likely from outside of FS) to work across various sub risk functions to ensure that the strategies, policies and oversight is in place mitigate external and internal threats as they develop their digital offerings, taking advantage of AI/Machine Learning, RPA and algorithms . You will need to have a background that includes identification of risks and ensure they are addressed in a way that is compliant as well as supporting entrepreneurial speed.
This global function has second line of defence responsibility for the risk strategy, R&D, partnership with global businesses and emerging risks in relation to Digital and Innovation. The global business teams have plans to develop a range of innovative products and to be able to respond to significant industry challenges in terms of products and services offered by the bank. These are likely, in turn, to challenge the existing control models in place and to require improvements to customer accessibility.
Subject matter expertise is needed to drive risk mitigation in mobile and internet banking in order to provide robust challenge and risk assessment of business plans. This will allow the jobholder to exert influence and direction on the future development of this dynamic area of banking. The ability to work independently and on own initiative is vital. An enquiring mind and the ability to challenge existing assumptions and models is important but must be balanced against the achievement of business goals. A significant amount of information will need to be assessed and distilled from which clear recommendations must be made and support gained. An ability to inform and influence others will be vital.
The suitable individual will additionally need to bring ALL of the following experience/competences
- Ability to navigate complex and matrixed organisations
- Experience with digital technology - online / mobile channels in a risk, product development or delivery function
- Experience in financial regulations and compliance beneficial
- Comfortable facilitating risk reviews and working with stakeholders to identify solutions
- Strong communication skills including rapid response to inquiries and continuously transparent status updates
- Stellar collaboration and teamwork competencies to coordinate a large group of contributors and influence the interaction model
- Knowledge of emerging trends in these channels
- Ability to develop subject matter expertise in complex areas
- Strong relationship management and influencing skills
- Proven leadership skills and ability to deliver tangible results
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven written and verbal communication skills