We are currently working with a Global Asset Manager based in London to assist in expanding their Central Digital Function. This Research role will be accountable for developing the vision and roadmap for the enterprise digital user research capability. Leveraging industry best practices in user research to inform a strategy that drives our organizations maturity in the field of embedding user research and user centered design practices as an integral part of our enterprise digital delivery capabilities.
- Establish the Firm's new Digital Design System user research practice, and standardize common digital design research practices, through a clear vision for the role of user research
- Define, establish and continually improve user centred best practises, principles and methodologies and standards for user research
- Contribute evidence from user research to inform organizational strategy, objectives and priorities, and influence capability roadmaps based on depth of knowledge, in partnership with product owners
- Work with associates to foster a culture of user centered and evidence-based service design and delivery with teams actively involved in user research
- Align user research outputs across teams to maximize value and impact, and sharing of relevant findings, by creating common standards for the management of user research insights
- Lead the creation of a user research community of practice, and foster a network for practitioners to support each other, share specialist knowledge and drive an increase in the maturity and adoption of user research practices across the organization
- Partner with digital and other internal teams to address complex business questions and provide insightful analysis and strategic recommendations through strong, easy to understand storytelling capabilities for both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Work with product owners and business partners to create plans and roadmaps for priority research activities
- Work with embedded design teams and third party agencies to plan, manage and conduct effective user research
- Perform detailed research analysis (i.e. determine the structure, content, and quality of source inputs through examination of source systems and data samples)
- Contribute to living personas that act as a practical artefact that design and product teams can reference when crafting solutions
- Work closely with designers and developers to turn user research into actionable product/service requirements that feed into prototype development, and influence product direction
- Partner with other insights teams in the business to support the ongoing tracking and analysis of industry trends, channel trends, segment trends, satisfaction/gap analysis, customer/segment demographic and behavioural profiles.
Required Previous Experience
- Bachelor's or equivalent in a research field
- Minimum of 7 -10 years of conducting and managing user research activities in a digital product development environment.
- Experience working with both consumer and business segments in the field of user research
- Deep knowledge and demonstrable practitioner experience of best practice design research tools and methodologies
- Proven experience in delivering global digital research to support all stages of the digital design process
- Financial Services (banking, credit card) industry experience preferred, but not required, but must be experienced in working in complex and highly regulated industries