As the Digital Product Owner you will engage on some of the most challenging problems facing our clients Customers & Products business. These projects can range from rapid process re-inventions, data analytics, to consumer facing app development. You will be are putting the customer first, be at the center of the problem solving, working with business and delivery teams on how to successful execute on their strategic vision with digital products, to maximize customer value.
Job title: Digital Product Owner
Job location: Sunbury on Thames
Industry: IT, Gas & Oil
Employment type: contract
Daily rate: £550 - £580
The Digital Product Owner role is part of the Customer Experience & Digital Product Delivery team and is responsible for the digital delivery of products in their portfolio. You will engage on some of the most challenging problems facing our clients Customers & Products business. These projects can range from rapid process re-inventions, data analytics, to consumer facing app development. You will be are putting the customer first with a digital-led experience and typically at the center of the problem solving, working with business and delivery teams on how to successful execute on their strategic vision with digital products, to maximize customer value and offer world-class integrated customer experience. You will be also responsible for working with IT to ensure digital platforms/tools are built/scaled up to enable business needs in alignment with our clients managed platforms and architecture strategies. The Digital Product Owner works with the Product Manager to agree the vision for the digital product, co-create the backlog and sets priorities in line with customer needs, and plays a key role on the development team. This role will work with product managers, delivery teams, service owners, and customer experience design teams to deliver a product that is optimum to meet the customer needs.
What you'll do
- Act as the voice of the customer while leading the definition & development of digitally enabled customer experience solutions.
- Co-create and align the overall vision, strategy & roadmap for digital customer solutions against both customer needs and business objectives.
- Oversee the backlog and manage prioritization against the product roadmap with the dev/ops squad as a member of the development process
- Ensure the digital customer experience is delivered against the definition of done and following the agreed upon release plan
- Support continuous improvement of products and platforms in market
- Interface with data security, and digital security stakeholders, as well as vendors to ensure compliance with digital and data security processes
- Backlog prioritisation within sprint planning
What you have
- 2+ years' experience as a Product Owner leading the execution of agile projects
- Experience in building digital customer experiences, in order to maximize customer & business value through technology
- Experience using customer insights in making key product prioritization decisions
- Knowledge of agile development processes
- Desirable: Domain knowledge on one or some of the followings
- Business: Fleet, B2B, or Enterprise Mobility & Payment Solutions
- Capability Area: Web/Portals, Payment, Reporting, Customer Service
- Desirable: Customer experience management - experience of value proposition development or journey mapping (service design or experience design)
- Desirable: Knowledge and understanding of technical engineering best practices (e.g., test driven development, continuous integration, etc.)
- Start-up mentality- you are a self-starter who likes making decisions, while keeping others informed
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence stakeholders at all levels
- Flexible attitude with proven experience of employing agile methodologies with the goal of increasing time to value.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, IT or equivalent degree
- Desirable: Training on digital product development
- Desirable: PSPO 1 Certification
- Strong command of English both verbal and written
If the offer fits you and you have the relevant experience, don't hesitate to apply!