Digital Experience Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Oct 18
See job description for details
Join us in London as a Digital Experience Manager
- This is a fantastic opportunity for an innovative digital specialist to join our Digital Experience team in Commercial & Private Banking, and have a significant impact on the customer journey
- We'll look to you to address our commercial and corporate customers' wants and needs, and define propositions that meet their requirements
- You'll harness technologies and support in aligning different digital workstreams, all with the intention of enhancing the customer experience
- You'll be joining us in our cutting-edge digital studio, championing agile methodologies, innovative thinking, and new and creative ways of working
- Occasional travel to Bristol is likely to be needed as part of your role
What you'll do
This role will see you designing new customer journeys and strategic digital propositions for the Commercial & Private Banking business, focusing on delivering an intuitive and memorable user experience. In doing so, you'll help us to remain a market leading function, and enable our bank to be number one for customer service, trust and advocacy. You'll continually build your knowledge of customer desirability in order to shape an outstanding digital experience. You'll also act as a subject matter expert and point of contact regarding our digital strategy, designs and solutions. As such, you'll drive awareness of our digital propositions and ensure all aspects are anchored around the needs of our customers, while also guiding the business's understanding of their product visions by informing product backlogs, or creating the basis of minimum viable products.
In addition to this, you'll:
- Enable seamless customer movement between our digital channels
- Develop rapid prototyping concepts with internal stakeholders and manage external agencies from concept to delivery
- Drive prototyping projects aligned to our strategy of hypothesis lead and customer driven design, helping the prototyping program to delivering solutions that validate and test experiences for desirability, feasibility and viability
- Identify ways to simplify and improve the customer experience, continually enhancing speed and efficiency
- Collaborate to ensure cohesion the digital experience remains cohesive, embedding our digital principles and encouraging the best possible customer adoption and conversion
- Support the vision and design of our future digital proposition and delivery
You'll have a restless focus on improvement, using supporting evidence and metrics to drive customer-focused innovation. You'll learn confidence through clear expertise in your field, maintained through both formal and informal learning.
The skills you'll need
We're looking for a proven digital specialist. You'll have strong working knowledge of UX best practise and the ability to express ideas visually through wireframing, fluent with paper prototyping, sketch, Axure and Adobe creative cloud. You should be experienced in translating UX artefacts into UI, then applying brand and styling to envision the final visual design. And you'll also need to be well practiced in experience design, service design, and design lead thinking to deliver digital transformation, as well as having good knowledge of rapid prototyping.
With fantastic story telling, communication and interpersonal skills, you'll be experienced taking customers or clients through a journey of discovery, design, validation, and you'll have strong team-working, negotiation, influencing and networking skills.
You'll also have:
- Experience working with customers or in a customer experience related role, ideally in commercial or corporate banking
- An understanding of macro digital trends and the evolving financial technology landscape
- Well developed commercial acumen, with credible market awareness at a macro-economic and business segment level
- Solid problem solving and analytical skills, able to demonstrate strategic thinking to build business intelligence
- Good levels of emotional awareness and intelligence, contributing to a positive professional environment
- The ability to work on your own initiative, setting your priorities and working to defined deadlines, and comfortable working in fast paced projects where decisions are made and changed on a daily basis
How we'll reward you
You'll start on a competitive salary from £63,000 to £94,000 depending on experience, and you'll also join our retirement saving plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.