A leading financial service organisations is looking for an experienced Digital Designer to join their team in the UK! This is a full remote contract role for 6 month with extension being possible. The Digital (AEM) Designer provides a valuable service to the organisations clients. Working as part of the diverse creative team, they are responsible for the high-quality design and execution of web-based deliverables to stakeholders across the firm. This position requires full knowledge and application of the firm’s visual identity and the team member will understand and anticipate clients’ needs and expectations.
XXXXX are XXXX creative agency – a fully integrated design service. Recognised globally for amazing storytelling that clearly communicates our customer’s message. We add commercial value and clarity in a space where everyone is fighting for attention – producing engaging work with intelligent ideas.
At XXXXX we believe innovation happens when input comes from all disciplines – we encourage collaboration through our open structure. This ethos leads us to embrace a more collaborative way of working both internally and with our stakeholders – we co-create with our customers to gain and utilise insight to deliver work that hits the mark.
From large scale campaigns through to more niche products, we have a full range of capabilities to support a diverse range of requirements form the firm.
The Digital (AEM) Designer provides a valuable service to our XXXXX clients. Working as part of our diverse creative team, they are responsible for the high-quality design and execution of web-based deliverables to stakeholders across the firm.
This position requires full knowledge and application of the firm’s visual identity and the team member will understand and anticipate clients’ needs and expectations. Output is frequently high profile; the quality, accuracy and timeliness of the end-product is therefore of critical importance.
The Digital (AEM) Designer will have access to Developers in KGS who will be able to develop any heavy code, but most of the requirements will be expected to be in animation or transitional coding. They are expected to perform as a mentor to the wider team and knowledgeable resource for our clients.
They will be supported by the Tech Lead for any requirements and developments that fall outside of the usual design expectations, where software may need installing, URLs need changing, sites need migrating. There is an opportunity to develop further in SEO design and Interface design.
- Create web-based products supporting multiple phases of development: creative consultation, wireframing, concepts designing, revising, troubleshooting, and producing a final product as per XXXXX master brand.
- Developing web content that pushes boundaries and captures the attention of our audiences.
- Take ownership of strategic, bespoke and routine digital projects from brief through to launch, effectively prioritising work and balancing multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Determine project scope including effective brief taking, negotiating deadlines, and creating and communicating timescales, to define cost estimates.
- Ensure consistent quality of output and client service while adhering to agreed Service Level Agreement and best practice guidelines.
- Excellent knowledge of XXXXX brand and visual identity.
- Works with XXXXX Leadership to develop colleagues where necessary to up-skill the team.
The Digital (AEM) Designer works closely with our clients to understand requirements and execute a compelling and impactful project that helps XXXXX stand out in the marketplace. They are required to deliver an effective and efficient service – taking accountability of quality and timeliness of delivery.
They will have an eye for design and understand HTML code to change the display when the templates are needing more design work.
They have strong technical and creative abilities and excellent digital knowledge which helps them generate new ideas to elevate their output.
- Proven experience working as a Digital Designer/Front-end Developer in an agency or professional web development function.
- A history in digital and multimedia including HTMLS, CSS3, jQuery, Adobe CC, GitHub and Agile.
- Considerable experience working with and developing both front-end and back-end for CMS systems.
- Creative and innovative with a strong grasp on existing and emerging digital technologies.
- Routinely demonstrates drive and resilience, working flexibly in a pressurised and deadline-driven environment.
- A team player who takes ownership of their work and shares the responsibility of meeting the team’s service delivery goals.
- Focuses on delivering quality service and demonstrates attention to detail.
- Maintain awareness of latest techniques, software packages, equipment, best practices and developments within the design community.
- Ability to think at a high-level about design strategy and brand.
- Customer service focused, and able to liaise and influence staff at all levels
- Professional, confident and enthusiastic team player with a flexible can-do attitude.
- Work effectively in a team environment, including co-working on projects, co-developing ideas, giving and receiving constructive feedback.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills – able to prioritise an often-conflicting workload.
- Adapt to a constantly changing and growing business environment.
- Remains calm under pressure.
- Advanced technical skills in Adobe Experience Manager (AEM).
- Knowledge of Umbraco is beneficial.
- Awareness of current trends and innovation in Digital Design/Development.
- Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good project/time management and problem-solving skills.
- May be required to undergo training in other disciplines to assist when necessary.
- Formal qualification in coding and/or related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Professional design qualifications also beneficial.
- Able to supply an up-to-date portfolio of own work.