Digital Channel Manager (Web)
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Jan 18 2018-01-16
See job description for details
Join us in London as Digital Channel Manager
- Joining us in Commercial & Private Banking, this is a department and platform that's award-winning and well regarded internally and externally
- The team have a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives - with a common view to deliver what's right for the client and our organisation in an exceptional manner
- You'll be undertaking the execution of content changes and developments across the Coutts and Adam & Co web platforms
What you'll do
You'll manage the design and user experience of our core web platforms coutts.com and adambank.com. We'll look to you to ensure that all static content is kept up to date, and that there's is a continuous flow of news and insights on the site. You'll ensure that we maximise the revenue and brand awareness opportunities of our public web facing channels, managing the structure and flow of content promoted through each site.
You'll be building content into new or existing web pages and will support the maintenance of existing content across our sites. You'll also be supporting and maintaining our suite of digital assets, to aid content development and page building.
Your responsibilities will also include:
- Liaising with teams to support the governance of content including PR, brand and compliance teams
- Managing the change request process for content changes to websites (including managing the allocation of overflow content change requests to the wider team where necessary)
- Monitoring and managing our SEO performance
- Measuring and reporting on the performance of our digital content, and assessing against goals (ROI and KPIs)
- Evaluating the end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points
- Collaborating with agencies and other vendor partners on campaigns, web design and user experience as well as the development of new functionality and tools, (both for use by the digital team and by our clients)
The skills you'll need
You'll be proactive, driven and will show a strong problem-solving mindset, with a positive and flexible approach when working with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders. You'll need an understanding of digital platforms and user experience design, and an ability to see projects through until the end successfully.
You'll also show:
- Experience of managing external suppliers and partners
- Marketing or Digital Marketing experience - with an understanding of digital marketing principles and measures, (including SEO best practice)
- An understanding and experience of website design and content management systems, and of user experience design
- Experience of managing projects and other complex initiatives
- Experience of using web analytics tools such as Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics
- Clear and effective communication skills
Experience within the private banking industry is preferable.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.