- Base + Bonus + Benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- 17 Nov 17
Digital Analytics and Reporting Analyst
Salary: Base + Bonus + Benefits
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Job Type: Full time
Digital Data Analytics Analyst required with strong SQL skills and experience using analytics platforms and visualisation tools required. You will be responsible for crafting and implementing analytics tools to support the digital platform, deliver continuous user insights whilst analysing and presenting metrics.
Digital Analytics & Reporting Analyst
Data & Insights Technology is an exciting new initiative at Schroders focussing on building an analytics ecosystem for the business. We sit within the newly formed Digital division, which is also the hub of innovation, fin-tech, collaboration and data insights for Schroders.
You will work within the Data & Insights Technology team, but will be focused on providing analytics for and on behalf of the Digital function.
The firm’s Digital function plans, designs, deploys and maintains a number of digital properties – bought and built – to fulfil the group’s digital strategy across the world. These properties can be for the use of clients, prospective clients, staff and other personas, and can be delivered across traditional web and mobile as well as emerging channels.
As part of ensuring the continued firm-wide support for the digital function, it is important we communicate the successes of our digital properties in commercial terms to stakeholders inside and outside the immediate technology function. A comprehensive range of accurate, carefully distilled and compellingly presented management information, reports and analysis form an important part of that communication, and will be fundamentally important in the decision making and strategy development process.
This role is responsible for:
• Crafting and implementing analytics tools to support the Digital function, identifying and implementing critical metrics that measure engagement, growth and retention across the digital estate.
• Delivering continuous user insights to the Schroders organisation enabling decision makers to better empathise and understand user behaviour and their service experience.
• Ensuring timely sharing of insights with the business through an Agile-aligned process, through hypothesis generation, experimentation & continual learning.
• Stitching together metrics across multiple touch points to generate a coherent holistic picture of digital effectiveness and user-journeys.
• Conducting occasional desk research to identify trends in user behaviour within the business to feed into the insights generation process.
• Mining, verifying, curating, analysing and packing for presentation a wide variety of metrics and headline statistics from our digital properties, including but not limited to:
• Bounce rates
• Goal conversion rates
• Conversion funnels
• Dwell times
• Impressions and impressions/session
• Journey popularity
• Click-through rates
• Acquisition costs
• Repeat/returning visitor data
• Visitor demographic data
• Visitor technology
• As well as presenting raw data, you will draw inferences and observations from trends in the underlying data, making reference where appropriate to historical data as well as industry-wide trends.
• Experienced in analytics within the Digital domain, both with external and internal digital properties.
• Able to hypothesise, experiment and test assumptions, and uncover insights in structured and unstructured data, and will be able to demonstrate how these have impacted the business.
• Technically savvy, and hands on with technology – with strong data and database interrogation skills, typically fluent in SQL.
• A great communicator, able to articulate findings to technical and non-technical people alike.
• Familiar with agile methodologies – Scrum, Kanban etc.
• Used to preparing data from a wide variety of sources to build a cohesive picture.
• Able to present complex data in a compelling, easy-to-understand format, leveraging off-the-shelf tools to speed up and partly automate this process wherever possible.
• Highly personable; able to accept questions and challenges from business stakeholders and patiently support their learning and understanding.
• Experience using at least one analytics platform such as Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics Cloud/Omniture, SAS, Omniture or any other platforms relevant to this space.
• Hands on experience with visualisation tools like Tableau/Qlik/Spotfire – more advanced libraries like D3.js a big plus.
• Experience in or knowledge of attribution analytics modelling.
• Experience in or knowledge of Tag Management implementation
• Understanding of how data analysis processes can be applied to Digital.
• Understanding of core digital analytics, reporting and MI terms.
• Advanced Excel skills – charts and graphs, pivot tables, lookups.
• Excellent literacy and numeracy.
• A good grasp of basic statistics, preferably to Mathematics A-Level standard or equivalent.
• An eye for detail. but are also able to distil complex data into clear insights that will inspire change.
• Sound commercial awareness; an understanding of the link between digital behaviour/outcomes and revenue/cost numbers.
• At least 3-4 years’ experience in digital, and at least 1-2 years’ experience in digital analytics specifically; either working client-side or for an agency/consultancy
• Ideally, some knowledge of the wealth/asset management industry, but this is not essential
Will you fit?
• You are collaborative – happy to work with the wider team to disseminate knowledge and skills – playing a mentorship role with less experienced colleagues.
• You are innovative – someone who gets to the heart of a requirement and can suggest novel ways to orchestrate solutions that delight the end user.
• You embrace design thinking - you understand that the service we offer is the sum of many interactions across many tools, and have go-to strategies for ensuring the digital service is a single, cohesive experience.
• A chance to play a pivotal role in digital, bringing in exciting state of the art technologies that will change the way the business does analytics.
• Explore advanced analytics and new technologies for collaboration.
• Gain exposure to a variety of business subject matter authorities across the company via a hub & spoke model to grow your knowledge of the Asset and Wealth Management industry.
• Competitive compensation; excellent benefits, training and considerable opportunities for progression.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.