Devices and Desktop Executive
Within Workplace Technology the Device and Desktop Service Team is responsible for multiple end-user services across the enterprise, encompassing Desktop, Virtual Desktop, Mobility and Print. This role will support all aspects of technology in this space with an SME focus on Print technology. You will work within a team that supports and enables Macquarie's global business activities by providing technology services across Physical Devices (i.e. iPhones / iPads / MacBook's / Chromebook / Android) Desktop Operating System, Application Packaging, Printing, and Remote Access.
This role will be focused on:
- Providing 2nd / 3rd Level support of all technologies supported by the Devices and Desktop Service Team
- Lead and support global and regional project initiatives as required
- Reducing Failure Demand and looking for automation opportunities
- Supporting and enabling the secure FlexiPrint (follow-me-printing) solution in BAU
- Identifying and addressing any risks presented as part of the print service and working with Cyber Security to ensure both software and hardware are tested and compliant ensuring all risks are documented in an official capacity
- Continuous improvement - constantly reviews the global design to provide the best possible end-user experience for the business.
- Documenting and training global technology support teams and end users where appropriate
- Ensuring appropriate resiliency plans are in place
To be successful in this role, you will be confident in your ability to develop relationships at all levels, highly collaborative and a natural problem solver with technical background. You are proactive, organised and people-oriented, with strong experience in dealing with stakeholders and an ability to engage staff. You will have:
- Experience of supporting a follow-me-printing solution
- Experience in a desktop support role ideally in a financial institution
- PowerShell, scripting experience desirable
- Experience of supporting and managing Virtual Desktop / Applications (Citrix XenApp / XenDesktop, VMware Horizon) desirable
- Evidence of supporting a strong risk culture
- A See it, Own it, Fix it mentality
- Strong technical background across the Device & Desktop
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including color and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available.