Development Manager - SCVentures (Lydia Venture)
SC Ventures (SCV) spearheads the bank's innovation across the Group. Included in SCV's mandate will be to invest in FinTech's and other start-up companies, promote rapid testing and implementation of new business models. SCV will work with businesses and functions across the Group in three key areas of eXellerator, investments, and ventures
Looking for a development manager to lead a team of server-side Java developers, dev-ops engineers and UI/mobile team. The development manager's role is the CTO's deputy, leading the team and align the technical deliveries with the business roadmap.The technologies used by the back-end are: OpenJDK 13, Gradle, Intellij, Postgresql, JSON, JUnit, Quartz, JWT, JOOQ, Liquidbase, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS cloud stack, Solace VMR.
Maintain strong relationship and works closely with Product Owner Team to align design and roadmap with Business expectations,participate in daily huddle and reports team's progress and issue in a timely and transparent manner, Is in charge of code review, guarantee traceability of code in alignment epics, stories and tasks as agreed during design phase in compliance with the company's standards and policies, Also prevents from insertions of malicious code in the releases.
Structure support level 3. Works in collaboration with 24x7 monitoring team in regards with Incident and escalation process.
Delivers a platform consistent with the SLAs signed with the customer (availability, performance, resiliency)
Works closely with CSO and by all means protects the development platform as well as the releases repository from fraudulent access and modifications,
• Java server-side development experience with decent understanding of core design patterns
• Development manager experience
• Hands on experience in Java 8 and above
• Knowledge of software best practices and coding best practices (Clean Code) is a must
• Strong experience RESTfull services
• Understanding of concurrent, multi-threaded, distributed application environments
• Knowledge of CI/CD pipeline is a plus
• Knowledge of Unix/Linux environments is plus
• Experience working with AWS Cloud is plus
• Knowledge of Agile/Scrum development methodologies is a plus
• Understanding of symmetric/asymmetric algorithms is a plus
• Knowledge of digital assets, crypto-currencies, blockchains and DLT a massive plus
• Great team leader and good personality
• Not afraid to code to help, understand, debug with the dev team (UI, Server-side, DevOps)
• Ensure high quality deliveries
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .
We are looking for candidates that align to our culture and values, which are an important part of who we are and what we stand for as an organisation. To be considered as a candidate, you will be required to complete a Culture Fit Assessment - this is an online assessment of your alignment and behavioral fit to our culture. The test takes approximately 30 minutes to completes and is mandatory. Should you not complete this assessment, you will be considered as not meeting the requirement of the role.