Developer, Technology Team Lead
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
The Derivatives Pricing team is responsible for cross-product transactional pricing of derivatives within Standard Chartered. The development team is driven to provide world class technology to support the bank's Financial Markets business. We bring a deep understanding of the domain, a scientific approach, and innovative solutions to bear on the challenges of best servicing our customers in a highly competitive environment. This is a rare opportunity to join an organization working with smart technologists globally in the financial markets domain. The culture in the team is open, intellectual, and fun. Learning opportunities are plentiful and career advancement is always waiting for those high-energized talents willing and able to step up.
As a Technical Team Lead, you'll be responsible for overseeing the design, architecture and execution on one of the streams on the platform, assuming full ownership of the strategy, quality and maintenance of the asset class within the platform, delivering quality software to tight timelines. Based in London and working in a dynamic global team with other technologists, business analysts, project managers and business stakeholders across multiple locations.
- An excellent developer with good software design principles and the ability to write robust code and accompanying test suites
- Ability to design and build smart, scalable solutions to tight deadlines
- Ability to write efficient, clear code and be able to articulate what has been implemented and why
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Experience leading a team of 3-6 developers.
- Self-starter who can drive/facilitate requirements and development effort
- Take ownership and responsibility for the full development lifecycle
- A team player, capable of engaging with other teams in Technology
- Experience in the end-to-end design, development and support of financial markets systems
- Ability to work and liaise directly with the Front Office, Middle Office, Product Control and various risk functions
- Provide second line support
- Familiarity or experience in micro-services and container technologies (preferably Docker)
- Familiarity with CI/CD and DevOps
- Any experience in distributed data stores a plus
- Functional programming experience a plus
Diversity & Inclusion
Our Ideal Candidate
- Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximize their personal potential.
Qualification & Skills
- 5+ years hands on development with investment banking IT experience
- Core Java (essential), Scala is a plus
- Microservices, containers and cloud experience is highly desirable
- Apache Kafka and Cassandra experience is an advantage
- Front office application development experience is a plus
- Ability to develop latency sensitive systems
- Agile development
- Experience with git and Atlassian toolset
- Financial Market domain knowledge
- Investment banking is a strong plus
- Derivatives business is a plus
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing)
- Outstanding problem solving skills
- Proactive, self starter, autonomous
- Good team spirit
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple assignments
- Strong architectural and engineering background with experience of delivery.
- Strong Java skills
- Strong knowledge and previous experience in end-to-end design, development and subsequent support of large scale data processing systems
- Familiarity and confidence working in an agile development environment.
- Someone who can drive / facilitate the requirements and development effort with the business.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.