Developer - STORM
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.21 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,025 employees in 20 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
We are looking to hire a Java Developer to join our Global STORM-EChO Technology team, focused on building our next generation of products that improves and automates trading activity on our Short term and Cash desks. This will include evolving existing components and building out entirely new services and functionality to replace legacy processes.
The ideal candidate will have experience in full stack development in a cloud environment and work in our Java-based technology stack, with both Unix and cloud deployment. Some of our existing processes are written in C++, so familiarity will be a benefit. Position Requirements: Requirements
- Track record of designing and implementing multi-tier, real-time applications.
- Motivated to work with varying business partners including the front office to deliver products from start to finish.
- Thrive in solving problems with code whilst holding a proactive and collaborative demeanour.
- Responsible and proactive in driving and meeting business objectives.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in agile development environments.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related fields.
- Knowledge of data structures, design patterns, algorithms.
- Proven experience with Java and building RESTful services.
- Knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL, and standard DBMS. Oracle an advantage.
- Experience with multi-tier architectures and cloud deployment.
- Awareness of the full development cycle, from analysis to production support.
- Angular or similar web technology.
- git, gitlab, docker, autosys, *nix.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office