DevOps Engineering Lead
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Lloyds Banking Group
- 23 Apr 19
DevOps Engineering Lead
29 April 2019
Please note, this vacancy will close at 00:01am on the specified closing date rather than 11:59pm. Please ensure all applications are received before 00.01am on the specified closing date.
£70,950 - £94,600
We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options.
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
Lloyds Banking Group is the UK's largest Digital, Retail and Commercial Bank with a focus on Helping Britain Prosper.
Lloyds Banking Group is changing. We are rapidly transforming on a massive scale in order that we can better serve our millions of customers. This is a big opportunity for you to be part of ground-breaking transformation and it means there's never been a more exciting time to join.
There are excellent opportunities for driven individuals to take on a DevOps Engineering role, helping to deliver exciting customer driven solutions. Our teams take responsibility for end to end product development, delivery and support and this DevOps Lead role will have the autonomy and responsibility of defining, implementing and running approaches to the management of our key software assets through the RTL and into live.
With our breadth, reach and diversity, we can offer excellent opportunities for career growth and development. And we are looking for people who can seize those opportunities; you'll get plenty of support but it's about taking the initiative, building relationships and making it happen. Do this and you can help us make a positive difference to our customers, our colleagues and our communities.
What we're looking for
- A 'team player' who can build relationship and work productively with others across a variety of domains, disciplines and locations
- Someone who is passionate about technology and its application to real-world problems
- Someone who has confidence to express own opinions, and be pragmatic about modifying them when appropriate
- Deep technical knowledge of key areas of DevOps tooling, e.g. Continuous Integration tooling pipelines across a variety of technologies (e.g. Java/.NET), Containerisation (Docker/Kubernetes/etc..), Cloud Platforms (AWS/Azure/Google), Infrastructure as Code (Terraform/Chef/Puppet/Ansible), Source control platforms (TFS/VSTS/Git/GitLab/GHE/Bitbucket/Gerrit/etc..)
- Solid core OS level skills (e.g. UNIX/LINUX/Windows/ZOS) with supporting industry standard scripting skills
- Experience of managing software assets in live production environments with a good understanding of ITIL Service Management frameworks
- Experience of coaching and mentoring teams to adopt latest techniques
- Definition of DevOps tooling strategy for the Value Stream, understanding business value drivers of key interventions to be made
- Implementation of tooling strategy, working with experts from across the enterprise to ensure successful delivery
- Identification of approach to infrastructure provisioning and the role that cloud technology will play in this
- Management of live service across key platforms that sit within the remit of the Value Stream and which covers incident and problem management, cyber defences and capacity management
- Management of key IT risks, ensuring that there appropriate remediation plans in place.
- Thought leadership in all aspects of DevOps tooling. This will involve defining and contributing to the overall strategy of the Group
- Working with Engineering teams to upskill their capabilities in their relevant technology area
- Taking ownership of specific problems and delivering customer focused outcomes
- Be an ambassador for the DevOps brand both internally and externally
It is essential that you bring the right mind-set to the role. We understand in such a diverse and disparate world no one person can be an expert in all aspects of all DevOps tooling. If you have the right technical background, a willingness to be part of a team dedicated to transforming the landscape and are willing to develop yourself then we're keen to hear from you.
What will you get in return?
On top of our team ethos we're genuine about both equal opportunity and our colleagues representing the communities we serve - developing and advancing the best in our people.
You'll also get
In return you'll benefit from a competitive salary and generous out of hour's payments on top of which we'll provide:
- An on target performance bonus of c.20%
- A generous pension contribution
- 28 days leave plus bank holidays
- A 4% flex cash pot to spend on benefits (or take as cash)
- Private health cover
- Share schemes including free shares
We're genuine about providing equal opportunity as well as our people representing the communities we serve and have a culture built around developing and advancing the best of our people.
Our vision of being the best bank for customers is dependent on every colleague committing to and demonstrating our core value of "putting customers first". By individually and collectively committing to our Group values, we will be able to make a difference together and help Britain prosper.
We're committed to employing a diverse and inclusive workforce, reflective of the customers and communities we serve - where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit.
And we're proud to have received these industry recognitions: 'Stonewall Top Private Sector Employer', 'Top10 Employer for Working Families', 'The Times Top 50 Employer for Women' and both 'Gold Standard' and "Best Workplace Adjustments Process" from the Business Disability Forum.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.