DevOps Engineer Contract
Transaction Reporting Technology is going through a major transformation, building a brand new cloud-native, cross-asset, and multi-jurisdictional transaction reporting platform to comply with multi-jurisdiction reporting obligations, keep pace with regulatory changes, mitigate risks, increase operational efficiencies, and provide robust controls and assurance framework for Regulatory Operations (RegOps).
We are seeking a talented and passionate DevOps Engineer who has substantial proficiency in a broad range of DevOps and software development. You must have a deep understanding of DevOps principles with extensive experience in building modern CI and CD pipelines. You will work in a geographically dispersed team of Software Engineers, QAs, and Product teams. Key Responsibilities
- Design, build, test, and manage AWS cloud infrastructure with a focus on security, reliability, performance, and cost optimization
- Support development teams across different regions to define and build infrastructure and CI/CD pipelines
- Manage infrastructure deployment, destruction, and configuration for consistent and automated dev, test, and staging environments. Perform BCP testing, stack rolls, vulnerabilities patching, etc.
- Support development teams on the non-prod environment and troubleshoot environmental issues
- Analyse current technology stack and develop plans and processes for improvement and expansion
- Perform routine application maintenance to ensure the production environments run smoothly. Develop maintenance requirements and procedures
- Implement tools to increase developer productivity to keep developers focused on business deliverables
- Great problem-solving skills, and the ability and confidence to hack their way out of tight corners
- Strong organisational skills and ability to successfully manage multiple tasks
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Must have experience in the deployment, management, and maintenance of applications on AWS cloud
- Demonstrated experience working closely with software engineering teams to build and deploy cloud-native applications with GitOps principles using tools like Git, Stash, Bamboo, ArgoCD, uDeploy, etc.
- Strong hands-on experience in the creation of highly automated infrastructures using Terraform or CloudFormation
- Hands-on experience in Kubernetes native configuration management using tools such as Helm, Kustomize
- Must have experience with Observability and Monitoring tools like Grafana and Prometheus
- Experience with Containerisation technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, EKS, ECS, etc.
- Solid experience with Linux and Shell scripting
- Strong development skills in at least one of the programming languages such as Java, Python, and Scala
- Understanding of messaging technologies like Solace, ActiveMQ, SQS, SNS, etc.
- Knowledge of Postgres, Elasticsearch, and Log management tools like Splunk would be a plus
If you are excited to join a progressive technology team then apply now. About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers. Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of 'empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future', we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you'll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.