DevOps Engineer - Consumer Onboarding
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Lloyds Banking Group
- 25 Apr 19
DevOps Engineer - Consumer Onboarding
29 April 2019
Please note, this vacancy will close at 00:01am on the specified closing date rather than 11:59pm. Please ensure all applications are received before 00.01am on the specified closing date.
£63,135 - £70,150
We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options.
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
Deliver business value through sound and fully rounded engineering methods and principles, ensuring platforms and software are built consistently with relevant patterns and practices. Able to continually develop themselves with industry best practice methods and tooling used across their engineering teams.
Consumer Onboarding will give you the opportunity to work in a fun dynamic team who are at the forefront of leading the way for customers & colleagues in transforming & digitising the Lloyds Banking Group Retail Bank across mobile, branch, telephony and internet banking. The transformation culture Consumer Onboarding lives by is to empower its co-located teams to create dynamic environments using agile methodology, including scrum, ultimately providing outstanding customer experiences; and by driving innovative technology solutions that drive iterative change across research, buy and servicing needs to market at pace.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Consumer Onboarding Value Stream as a [DevOps Engineer]. There are excellent opportunities for driven individuals to take on a DevOps Engineering role, helping to deliver exciting customer driven solutions. From our Central DevOps team we lead the way in defining the best of new technology offerings, working closely with our Engineering Leads to collectively drive the tooling agenda whilst balancing the requirements of the UKs leading retail bank. The ultimate measure of success for us is leveraging these best of breed software and platform solutions so that we can continuously improve how we deliver market leading applications for our customers.
An ideal [DevOps Engineer] for Consumer Onboarding will need to be able to display the following qualities:
Behaviors & Competencies
- Thought leadership in all aspects of DevOps tooling. This will involve defining and contributing to the overall strategy of the Group
- Working with Engineering teams to up-skill their capabilities in their relevant technology area
- Taking ownership of specific problems and delivering customer focused outcomes
- Be an ambassador for the DevOps brand both internally and externally to the division
Knowledge & Experience
- Technical knowledge of a specific area of DevOps tooling, e.g. Continuous Integration tooling pipelines across a variety of technologies (e.g. Java/.NET), Containerisation (Docker/Kubernetes/etc..), Cloud Platforms (AWS/Azure/Google), Infrastructure as Code (Terraform/Chef/Puppet/Ansible), Source control platforms (TFS/VSTS/Git/GitLab/GHE/Bitbucket/Gerrit/etc..)
Solid core OS level skills (e.g. UNIX/LINUX/Windows/ZOS) with supporting industry standard scripting skills
- Experience of coaching and mentoring teams to adopt latest techniques
- At least one Programming language - 2 years' experience
- Network protocols & security - 4 years' experience
- DevOps Tools (like Sonar, Nexus, GIT) - 4 years' experience
- Test Automation Tools - 3 years' experience
- Cloud Infrastructure - 2 years' experience
- Docker Containers - 2 years' experience
- Rancher - 1+ years' experience
- CI/CD Pipeline - 8 years' experience
- Kubernetes - 2 years' experience
- Jenkins 2 - 8 years' experience
- Application Servers - WAS & Liberty - 3 years' experience
What we are looking for
- A 'team player' who can build relationship and work productively with others across a variety of domains, disciplines and locations
- Someone who is passionate about technology and its application to real-world problems
- It is essential that you bring the right mind-set to the role. We understand in such a diverse and disparate world no one person can be an expert in all aspects of all DevOps tooling. If you have the right technical background, a willingness to be part of a team dedicated to transforming the landscape and are willing to develop yourself then we're keen to hear from you
At LBG, we're invested in your continual development. That's why we've fostered a collaborative learning environment that supports your career goals and encourages knowledge-sharing. Our inclusive culture offers you flexibility to try new things while helping you build the future you want.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.