IHS Markit is seeking a highly motivated engineer to join our Valuations DevOps team in London. DevOps is a rapidly growing team at the heart of ensuring the availability and correct operation of our valuations, market and trade data applications. The team prides itself on its flexibility and technical diversity to maintain service availability and contribute improvements through design and development.
The role of the DevOps Engineer is primarily focused on building functional systems that improve our customer experience. Responsibilities include:
• Create infrastructure and environments to support our platforms and applications using CloudFormation, Terraform and related technologies to ensure all our environments are controlled and consistent.
• Implement DevOps technologies and processes, e.g: containerisation, CI/CD, infrastructure as code, metrics, monitoring etc
• Automate wherever sensible
• Upgrade and patch our systems whilst maintaining service for end users
• Act as a resource for colleagues and provide assistance to other functional areas such as development, test and Client services
• Support, monitor, maintain and improve our infrastructure and the live running of our applications Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration in IaaS / PaaS / SaaS models
- Deployment, maintenance and support of enterprise applications into AWS including (but not limited to) Route53, ELB, VPC, EC2, S3, ECS, SQS
- Good understanding of CloudFormation & Terraform
- Solid understanding of cloud security models and best practices
- Good understanding of modern CI/CD methods and approaches
- Strong experience with SQL and NoSQL databases such MySQL, PostgreSQL, DB/2, MongoDB, DynamoDB
- Experience with automation/configuration management using toolsets such as Chef, Puppet or equivalent
- Experience of enterprise systems deployed as micro-services through code pipelines utilizing containerization (Docker), Kubernetes.
If you would like to find out more about the role please apply
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.