- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Apr 19
Based in London and working in the DevOps team, you'll be helping us build our CI/CD platform (and all tertiary services) used by the global Engineering departments.
The work is varied; from helping development teams deliver features reliably, to designing and implementing new DevOps tools and techniques, our team is proactive and always involved.
We are a fast moving team operating in a growing Fintech company, supporting engineers on three continents. We are growing 50% year on year and this is continuing at pace.
We use a modern DevOps tech stack -Jenkins, K8s, Spinnaker, GitHub, Python, Terraform- and GitOps and Agile working practices to get the job done.
- Use code to solve problems . Configuration, infrastructure, tooling, and automation, everything must be solved by writing code.
- Helping design processes . You'll be working closely with feature teams to assist with the release of new products, as such there is plenty of scope to design processes that fit in with the overall direction but allow teams to deliver code to production reliably and at pace.
- Helping design architecture. As well as owning the delivery of applications you will also play a part in designing the architecture, how it interacts with dependencies from a logical and infrastructure viewpoint.
- Growing together . You'll review others' work and happily seek feedback on yours to ensure we build a better codebase and sharpen each other's skills.
What we are looking for:
- A skilled Engineer. At least 2 years in either a DevOps or Developer role with a keen interest in solving problems using code.
- Understand CI/CD and DevOps methodologies. You understand the build and deployment cycle of an application and how it fits in to a global platform.
- Containerisation . You have a good understanding of Docker and Kubernetes and how you can leverage these tools to ensure there is zero downtime.
- Holistic view on application delivery. You understand the use of many systems, APM, monitoring, logging, alerting, scaling to build a robust platform for applications to respond to the varying demands from both external sources (traffic) and internal sources (feature team delivery) in a safe and controlled manner.
- Happy in the Clouds . Our Cloud Native platform is hosted in AWS and Azure. You'll be comfortable working with a system that supports users from around the world, at scale.
- Bias for action . You see a problem, you fix a problem. You get buy in for your solutions and keep tickets moving. We're always looking for ways to ship at pace.
- Growth mindset . A willingness to use your skills and experience to mentor less-experienced engineers. A desire to learn from others and make yourself better every day.
- Agile outlook . You need to be excited about working in a fast-changing environment. Products, tools, frameworks and processes change, we evolve and take the best bits with us. The teams drive the evolution.
Who we are:
We're changing the way people send money abroad. We're taking something complicated and making it simple. Our people and our technology work together to create faster, easier and lower cost money transfers. We send to more than 150 countries around the world and have over 3 million happy customers - a number that's growing every day. After all, 120,000 5★ reviews can't be wrong!
We believe in helping our customers' hard work go further. We've helped millions of children to go to school, helped thousands of people to receive medical treatment and, every week, we help tens of thousands of people to pay their bills. But most importantly, we do it all with the creativity, imagination and colourful spirit of our customers.
The work we're doing is making a splash in the fintech industry too. Accel Partners and Technology Crossover Ventures have invested $140 million in us - and as early backers of the likes of Facebook, Spotify and Netflix, we know we're in good company! Not only that, but we're also a member of TechCity UK's prestigious FutureFifty.
Changing the world isn't easy, but we're hoping to find the right people to join us on our way. If you think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems and have the drive to make things happen, you might just be what we're looking for.