Desktop Engineer (Contract)
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 May 19
Desktop Engineer (Contract)
Want to help us change the way the world moves money?
We build high tech services that allow people to send and receive money easily. Our customers are mostly migrants, sending money home to their families and friends in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
Today only 5% of the remittance market is online - with a large proportion of the industry operating through informal untracked networks. Yet online is predicted to grow to 60% in the next 5-6 years and WorldRemit is driving that shift.
By reducing costs and freeing up time we enable people to make the most of the opportunities that their new life abroad provides and help to release the billions of dollars lost in transferring money to the developing world. This money goes directly to those who need it.
What you'll be working on:
Based in London, you'll be part of our Corporate IT team, you'll be involved in the first and second line support of all end user computing technologies and tools for a team of ~700, whilst playing your part in supporting other office service desk team members and delivering Corporate IT projects.
The core focus of the role will be around the cloud based enterprise technologies, virtualised server, networking and security components in London, but also supporting other APAC satellite offices, as well as supporting global Corporate IT initiatives.
This is a great opportunity for an Engineering expert to play a pivotal role in scaling a global "cloud first" FinTech organisation in a vibrant, exciting, fast-growing business.
- Provide critical desktop support to ensure all technology (Windows and Mac) is being supported and kept available across Desktop, Printing, Email, Server, Wi-Fi, remote office networks and desktops services
- Assist in procuring and rolling out hardware for all London and other office locations
- Create and review the desktop and phone build process
- Ensuring all file servers are backed up weekly
- Maintain all corporate Active Directory accounts
- Provide Office 365 and GSuite admin support
- Provide remote desktop support
- Assist with networking and patching configurations
- Be involved with new projects within the Corporate IT infrastructure and security team
What we are looking for:
- 3 years of relevant service desk/desktop engineering experience
- Customer focused, can do attitude
- Great communication, clear expectation management
- The ability to work autonomously on a large number of concurrent tasks
- Experience with Windows and Mac technologies
- Experience with JIRA or any service desk software such as Zendesk, Remedy, Service Now, etc.
- Solid Active Directory Experience (GPO configurations)
- Experience with Network Print Servers - aka Follow Me printing solution
- Understanding of AV and IM technologies
- Experience with Microsoft Intune
- An understanding of security technologies and best practices
- Good documentation skills - able to plan, track and implement projects
- Cultural fit - We are known for our low ego, non-hierarchical and collaborative culture
- Looking for someone with the aptitude and ability to learn and grow with the company and tech stack