- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- 18 Jan 18
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Base + Bonus + Benefits
- Full time
Schroders Global IT Infrastructure are seeking an experienced Desktop Engineer to join on a large scale transformation project. The successful candidate will have experience with Citrix Xendesktop, Vmware, Appsense and be an expert with Windows 10.
Global IT Infrastructure is responsible for running all aspects of Infrastructure for Schroders globally. We have representative support personnel in most global offices. The bulk of architecture & engineering happens in London, Singapore & New York. We undertaking large scale technology transformation at Schroders and require skilled engineers to come into the team and quickly bring themselves up to speed and provide immediate benefit to the team.
Overview of role
The desktop estate at Schroders is currently undergoing a large scale transformation. The delivery of VDI via Citrix, Windows 10, Office 2016 and Office365 means that the Desktop Engineering function has become an increasing high profile area.
The Desktop Engineer will be required to fit into this fast moving area and ensure the continuing improvement of the delivery of the desktop estate, ensuring that we continue to deliver the minimum viable product with ongoing incremental improvements to our users.
• Provide 3rd level investigation and resolution of desktop incidents, problems and support
• Provide support, advice and input on in-flight desktop transformation initiatives
• Monitor availability and performance of desktop systems and rectify issues as required
• Troubleshoot and resolve complex desktop related issues escalated from first and second level support
• Monitor availability and performance of virtual desktop systems
• Implement necessary Group Policy Objects and Active Directory changes to support the desktop platforms
• Assess, document and implement desktop platform changes as required in conjunction with risk and security teams
• Document processes for internal policies and procedures related to desktop platforms
• Experience working in a time-pressured environment
• Experience working as part of a team
• Experience engaging and working with end users
• The ability to self manage and task guidance from senior team members
• Working experience of Citrix Xendesktop
• Working experience of Vmware Vcentre for VDI management and support
• Working experience of SCCM, App-V & AppSense
• SME in Windows 7 and Windows 10
• Working experience and troubleshooting of Office2010 and 2016
• Knowledge of Lakeside Systrack
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Knowledge of Appsense FileDirector & Lakeside Systrack advantageous
• Positive attitude capable of remaining positive when under immense pressure
• A good communicator, and able to work collaboratively in a global team.
• Someone who can operate in a fast changing environment and take ownership of their work.
• Someone who will challenge the status quo and improve the overall user experience.
• Good organizational and time management skills.
• An inquisitive thinker, with attention to detail.
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.
To all recruitment agencies:
Schroders does not accept agency resumes without agreed terms. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Schroders employees or any other company location. Schroders are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes