Desktop Deployment Lead # 102004
Banking today is a technology business, where digital ingenuity creates competitive advantage. At Credit Suisse, we are committed to delivering world-class technology innovation that enables our clients to reach their goals. CS's technology team is a critical commercial differentiator, creating products and services that enable the flow of financial information across the globe. We handle big challenges and create new products, using the latest technology to drive value for our business. We strive to provide applications that are robust, reliable and secure while continuously adapting to meet the evolving needs of clients both internally and externally. Our future depends on identifying and hiring the best people technologists in the financial world and bringing them together to serve our clients' needs. We offer an exemplary culture and a great working environment that nurtures collaboration and partnership; rewards excellence and encourages entrepreneurialism.
This role is within the Group CTO, End User Services Division, specifically within the UK Client Support Services Team. Client Support Services (CSS) is a global organisation, made of over 700 professionals. Client Support Services are the proximity based Level 2 desktop support team, providing customer focussed, responsive subject matter expertise across all banking divisions, from Executives, Global Markets Investment Banking, Wealth Management and Corporate Functions.
A Desktop Support Team Leader is responsible for supporting London Campus users of which there are circa 6,000. This critical role is to provide technical expertise, team leadership, support and career development, remote and localized technical fault resolution to users. Additionally the role is expected to be multi faceted, with project management of deployment of new products/software to clients through established product deployment processes.
Desktop Support Team Leadership:
- Deskside and remote investigation, resolution and escalation of all Incidents affecting the users' desktop.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve software issues including Market Data applications.
- Drive swift resolution for high impact incidents, assuming role of Impact or Major Incident Manager, or other roles if needed.
- To deputise for the UK Support Manager in their absence or for delegated tasks, and set the example of how a professional 2nd line support team should operate.
- Own day to day operational team activities and controls such as rota management, service delivery tracking, Incident management processes and queues.
- Work and build partnership with Level 1 Global Support Desk to continuously improve/promote L1 resolution.
- Support all ITIL processes, in particular the Incident and Problem processes, creating and improving data driven analysis to implement continual improvement processes.
- Control tasks including support of Business Continuity and powerdown events.
- Manage the maintenance and compliance of a fully controlled environment in accordance with Audit, SOX and MICOS standards.
- Limited weekend work supporting the London client base and regular weekend events.
Product Deployment / Project Management:
- Deployment support technical calls, SME regional client representation into major deployments by being the voice of the customer and have deep operational and technical understanding of how product works in a production environment. Examples of projects you would actively represent regionally, would be Windows 10 deployment, desktop hardware refresh, software deployments (Skype for Business).
- To contribute to projects, both in terms of estimating and planning and of the completion of specific technical actions and to coordinate actions allocated to the Technical Support team in conjunction with the appointed Project Manager.
- Competitive salary
- Advert ends 20th December 2017
Open to discussing flexible/agile working.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Solid Team leadership experience, with a demonstrated ability to motivate members of the Technical Support Team to deliver the best service possible and to build their interest in technology and how technology enables the business to function efficiently and effectively.
- Experience of working in a fast paced, pressurised IT support environment, working to tight SLAs and demanding customer expectations. Experience of working in financial institution, preferably Investment Bank or Wealth Manager, is desired, but not essential.
- Experience of supporting 'C' / Exec Level users and staff, with professionalism, confidence and excellent customer service skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, customer orientation, self-motivation, and the ability to work and motivate a team are required.
- Ability to work independently, with a track record of delivery on regional product deployment projects and manage time effectively. Eg desktop hardware refresh project, or major software/operating system deployments.
- Organised and structured approach to work prioritisation and experience of breaking down problems to deliver effective solutions.
- Positive attitude, ready to help all end-users with their issues.
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and Office products
Knowledge of IT Service Management processes and best practice (such as e.g. ITIL).
- Knowledge of Service Management tools (Service Now) and experience of generating effective service management reporting for the tracking and improvement of team's support services.
- We seek enthusiastic people who will add fresh perspectives to our business throughout their careers with us. And we offer premier career opportunities, on-going training and support, and excellent benefits. We genuinely value and respect the talent and hard work of our people.
For more information visit Technology Careers .