Desktop/IT Support Specialist (Charles River)
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Desktop/IT Support Specialist (Charles River)Company Profile:
Charles River provides an end-to-end solution to automate front and middle office investment management functions across asset classes on a single platform. Delivered as a hosted service, the solution improves data quality and investment professional productivity, controls risk and lowers technology costs. Charles River serves more than 350 investment firms in over 40 countries in the institutional asset and fund management, private wealth, alternative investments, insurance, banking, and pension markets. Charles River were acquired by State Street in October 2018.
Charles River are looking to hire an IT Associate to join their IT team in London. Working with the Senior IT Specialist, this role will be responsible for providing technical support to CRD employees as a member of our IT Service Desk. Support includes network connectivity and incident management, desktop and workstation infrastructure management based on policies and procedures. The IT Associate will investigate and respond to support requests by following documented processes and procedures with the goal of restoring or fulfilling Information Technology services for employees in the most efficient and professional manner possible.
The responsibilities of the IT Associate include but are not limited to:
- Managing day to day activities including; setting up new hires PC's both software and hardware, helpdesk tickets, walkups, projects assigned by Team lead, documentation, and other assigned tasks.
- Ownership of the New hire process from beginning to end: Setting up Active Directory accounts, imaging PC's, setup of Windows 10 profiles, creation of email accounts, phone setup, management of all assets in our Asset management system and physical IT setup
- Replace employee's PC's and transfer their data, with minimal down time for the employee.
- Collect PC equipment from Terminations and update our Asset management system.
- Follow the documented process for recycling old PC's and Electronic devices as needed.
- Accept delivery of all IT equipment and adhere to the Packing slip and Asset Tag process.
- Learn and implement department policies, procedures, and technical areas related to process and procedures.
- Provide IT Service Desk support to users within the organization for computer, application, system, device, and access and hardware issues.
- Help maintain clear and concise Web-based Self-Help/FAQ documentation that empowers end-users to self-resolve common issues
- Plan, prioritize and schedule help desk activities to ensure maximum issue resolutions in minimum time
- Help Manage the inventory of all IT assets to include hardware and software
Skills, Experience & Qualifications Required:
- A BA/BS degree required in a Technology Discipline.
- A minimum of 2 years of progressively responsible experience within Desktop Support.
- Proven experience supporting and troubleshooting a Windows OS environment.
- Familiarity with Office 365 highly desirable.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous priorities.
- Proven organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to achieve results without close supervision.
- Self-motivated with the ability to operate independently along with the strong desire to work as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated practical, hands-on, "can-do" approach, and the ability to work efficiently and creatively.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Flexibility with schedule and ability to work beyond regular business hours as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.