Derivatives Senior Operation Specialist, Vice President - Investment Management Operations
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 16 Dec 17 2017-12-16
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Operations division is both the first line of defence for protecting Morgan Stanley's financial and reputational well-being, and an essential partner contributing to the firm's growth. Facing off to all Morgan Stanley businesses and interacting with all other parts of the Firm, the Operations division supports a complex, multi-faceted portfolio of businesses in full compliance with regulatory guidelines and the directives of the Operating Committee and Board of Directors. Members of the Operations team have a unique vantage point as the division touches all parts of the business, front to back. One of the largest divisions in the firm, Operations has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, we continually strive to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
The International Derivative Operations team is part of the Global Derivative Operations Teams and is responsible for Derivative Operations across Europe and Asia Pacific. The core functions of the group include: Derivative Trade Support for London and Asia Pacific Trading Desks, Regulatory Trade Reporting, Global Reconciliation, Central Clearing, Intra-day Margining, Client Reporting, Internal Board Reporting and Counterparty Risk Exposure Monitoring oversight.
Primary Team Responsibilities
- Responsible for the teams Change-The-Bank (CTB) portfolio and provide coverage for the teams local Run-The-Bank (RTB) functions.
- Working on strategic regulatory projects as well as managing the team’s book of mandatory and non-mandatory change management projects.
- Work with various operations and business working groups to determine business strategy
- Work with T3, Sales, Legal and Compliance to resolve issues relating to T3 events
- Review Price Source Agreements with Third Party Vendors
- Manage new and ongoing regulatory project work streams
- Manage new and ongoing mandatory and non-mandatory change management and LEAN projects
- Prepare scope and user requirement documents for regulatory and change management initiatives
- Prepare test scripts, co-ordinate and conduct user acceptance testing
- Implement/test operational process improvements
- Assist Department Head with the integration of new processes borne out of the regulatory and change program
- Review and opine on Investment Management Agreements, Client Service Agreements, ISDA and Clearing Documentation
- Participate in Regulatory Forums and External Working Groups
- Provide trade processing support for Fixed Income and Equity Trading Desks
- Ensure ASIC and EMIR Trade Reporting is reported to Trade Repositories by the regulatory deadline
- Produce and sign off monthly regulatory client reports
- Prepare and produce quarterly Management Company / Funds Board reports
- Prepare and produce KPI/KRIs for Derivative Governance Committees
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent (Finance, Economics or Accounting preferred).
- Proven investment management operations experience preferred.
- Derivatives regulatory knowledge, EMIR, Dodd Frank, ASIC, MAS and HKMA
- Regulatory knowledge, UCITS, AIFMD, SfTR and MIFIDII
- Good project management and risk management skills
- Advanced Excel / Access (Experience managing large amounts of data/databases, Visual Basic)
- Experienced Presentation Skills: Verbal / Designing Power Point Presentations for Senior Stakeholders / Clients
- Excellent organisational skills and an orientation toward strict attention to detail
- Demonstrated success working in a high volume, high intensity environment and an ability to get closure on issues promptly
- Proven record of collaborating with colleagues across geographic and functional boundaries
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.