Derivatives, Associate - Investment Management Operations
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 25 Apr 18 2018-04-25
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
One of the largest divisions in the Firm, Operations is the first line of defence for Morgan Stanley's financial and reputational well-being and essential in delivering value to our clients. Operations is responsible for correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating operational risk, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and Automation. Operations has a world-class team of innovative and dedicated professionals, with a unique vantage point in the Firm interacting with all parts of the business, front to back. The Operations Senior Management team are passionate about our people development and providing best in class employee opportunities through an inclusive, forward-looking environment defined by open communication, collaboration, learning, and proactive career management.
IM Operations group supports the equity, fixed income, liquidity and alternative businesses for Morgan Stanley Investment Management (MSIM), providing middle-office services including portfolio manager support, client services, portfolio transitions, market registration, product data and performance and attribution analysis. MSIM Operations also provides mutual fund support, derivative processing, and counterparty and credit event management.
The International Derivative Operations team is part of the Global Derivative Operations Team and is responsible for Derivative Operations across Europe and Asia Pacific. The core functions of the group include: Derivative Trade Support for London and Asia Pacific Trading Desks, Regulatory Trade Reporting, Global Reconciliation, Central Clearing, Intra-day Margining, Client Reporting, Internal Board Reporting and Counterparty Risk Exposure Monitoring oversight.
Reporting to the Derivative Operations Manager in London the candidate will be supporting the team's core Run-The-Bank functions which include derivative trade support and Regulatory Trade Reporting. Key responsibilities will include affirmation / confirmation of OTC and listed derivatives, regulatory reporting to trade repositories under various jurisdictions, client and Fund / Advisory Board reporting and on-boarding of new clients. The role provides the ideal candidate an opportunity to gain front to back exposure in the world of OTC and listed derivatives and to be at the forefront of regulatory change in these areas.
- Derivative Trade Support for Fixed Income, Equity and Asset Allocation Investment Teams
- Processing swap, futures and option trades executed by London and Singapore Trading desks
- Liaising with Fixed Income and Equity traders to resolve trade discrepancies
- Liaising with clearing brokers, fund accounts, and third party vendors to resolve trade related issues
- Working with Portfolio Services, Collateral Management and Fund Administration teams to resolve any post trade issues
- Partnering with Technology, Client Service, Client Relationship Managers, External Vendors, Legal, and Compliance to set up new client accounts / funds for EMIR and ASIC trade and position reporting
- Preparing and sending derivative trade, valuation, and collateral data to Registered Trade Repositories in a timely manner
- Ensuring trades reported under EMIR and ASIC are complaint with regulatory rules and guidelines
- Assisting the Transition and Client Relationship teams with the on-boarding of new clients
- Preparing and producing monthly and quarterly management company and board reports
- Preparing and producing monthly regulatory client reports
- Escalating requests from internal and external clients and prioritizing in terms of importance and feasibility
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent (Finance, Economics or Accounting preferred)
- Proven investment management operations experience preferred
- Strong organisational skills and an orientation toward strict attention to detail
- Good derivative product knowledge both OTC and Exchange Traded
- Some derivative regulatory knowledge preferable (EMIR, Dodd Frank, ASIC and MIFID II)
- Demonstrated success working in a high volume, high intensity environment and an ability to get closure on issues promptly
- Proven record of collaborating with colleagues across geographic and functional boundaries
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel / Access
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently.#LI-EC2