A unique opportunity has arisen with an exciting international bank within the City. They are looking for a Deputy Head of Compliance to help head up their compliance department.
Some of the responsibilities within the role will include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures of the bank to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory obligations with respect to Compliance and Financial Crime.
- Manage day-to-day operation of Financial Crime function, including oversight of business, operations and support functions with respect to Compliance and Financial Crime policies and procedures.
- Provide advice and assistance to Senior Management, department heads and branches on Compliance and Financial Crime matters.
- Develop and implement a Compliance monitoring plan to assess the adequacy and effectiveness of internal systems of control with respect to Compliance and Financial Crime.
- Perform Financial Crime Risk Assessments for areas including KYC, AML, Sanctions, ABC, Fraud and Market Abuse.
The successful candidate must have strong Financial Crime and MLRO experience. Experience within banking is essential, and experience within a sub-continental banking environment would be highly advantageous.
The starting salary for this position will range £70,000 to £80,000 dependent upon experience, plus bonus, and benefits. These include a great work life balance and a family feel culture. Due to the ambitious nature of the bank and the growth potential there are excellent career progression opportunities form this position.