Deputy Company Secretary
Deputy Company Secretary
Who we are?
We want to help small businesses win. That's why we're here.
We connect small business owners to investors - to create jobs, support local communities and power economies - because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help realize their goals.
So , we created the leading small business loan platform. Investors have lent £9.8 billion in 130,000 loans to 90,000 small business owners. In a single year, this lending unlocked 115,000 jobs and contributed £6.5 billion to the global economy. There's never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let's build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
What you will be doing:
- Ensuring the Group continues to comply with its obligations under the Listing Rules, DTR, Corporate Governance Code, company law and all other relevant guidelines
- Supporting the Board and its Committees, including acting as Secretary to a number of Committees, agenda planning and attending and minuting meetings
- Contributing to the production of the Annual Report and Accounts, including ownership of the governance section of the Report
- Supporting on the implementation of the Group's ESG Framework and helping to shape its ESG policy, in conjunction with the ESG Project Manager
- Overseeing the project management of the AGM, including drafting key documents and ensuring compliance with all legal requirements
- Ensuring compliance with MAR and drafting market announcements
- Ensuring the compliant operation of share schemes alongside the Reward function
- Facilitating Board succession planning and induction and providing training to directors and senior executives on MAR and corporate governance matters
- Designing and implementing governance policies and structures across the Group
- Management responsibility for a company secretarial assistant and a share plan manager
It would be great if you have :
- Qualified company secretary or lawyer with listed company experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confident stakeholder management and experience of working with Board/C-Suite executives
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and to tight deadlines, managing competing priorities
- Able to deliver quality written reports and minutes with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to design and implement new ways of working, based on company secretarial and corporate governance best practice
- Ability to influence people and implement new processes and procedures
- Ability to take ownership and drive projects forward
Why should you join us?
We're gearing up for our biggest chapter yet - and it's being driven by all of our Circlers.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad . A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Yes, it's target-driven and high-octane - but we like to play hard too. That's what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we'll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible.
It's in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly.
Want to Build The Incredible? We'd love to hear from you.