Delivery Practice Manager, Global Financial Services
DESCRIPTION The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Professional Services team is looking for Delivery Practice Managers that can manage, develop and guide customers in their adoption of AWS Cloud solutions. A Delivery Practice Manager will focus on a geography and a selection of customers, and will manage a multi-disciplined team of direct reports. The PM will develop a long term Professional Services territory strategy and execute a plan within their accounts. The PM is a trusted advisor for our enterprise customers. The role includes all aspects of people management, relationship development, delivery oversight, and program management in their accounts. The team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
• Engage with enterprise customers to understand their business drivers and application portfolio. Develop bold cloud strategies with senior executives and present respective proposals.
• Hire, develop and retain top talent. Set objectives, manage performance and coach your team to help them achieve their career goals.
• Oversee delivery of projects, ensure high quality, on time and on budget delivery and customer satisfaction. Mitigation of delivery risks and issues.
• Manage a Professional Services business with all its aspects of pipeline management, forecasting, resource planning, delivery, and cost recovery.
• Engage with Financial Services customers to understand their business drivers and application portfolio.
• Engage with customers actively leveraging Technical or IT Advisory / IT Transformation skills to support project delivery.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Has presented to Sr. Managers/Directors as well as to technical subject matter experts. Routinely engages at these levels with customers, as well as with their consulting partners
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
• Deep understanding of cloud computing change management challenges and solutions
• Deep and advanced experience and understanding of leading Agile ecosystems (SAFE, Scrum, Kanban) and Lean systems thinking.
• Working knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required. Scrum Master experience a plus
• Able to lead and contribute to the creation of best practices, packaged offering, white papers, workshops, etc.
• Demonstrated creativity and ability to develop innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to travel to client locations to deliver professional services as needed
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Masters or PhD in Computer Science or Business Administration
• One of the AWS Associate level certifications or AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
• Strong track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing environments
• Demonstrated knowledge of Cloud Computing, AWS services such as EC2, S3, VPC and Redshift
• Enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment fast paced environment.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex topics to an audience with various functional knowledge
• Strong organizational and project management skills with an ability to manage numerous, competing demands from internal and external stakeholders and customers
• Customer facing skills to represent AWS well within the customer's environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
• Deep hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale or current hands on technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization experience
• Proven experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Minority/Female/Disability/Vet