Who we're looking for
We're looking for a delivery practitioner who is results focussed and will work collaboratively with their teams to get the job done - to high quality, on time and to specified budget. Someone who understand technology and what's required to deliver it. Experience in lean/agile methods is essential and knowledge/experience of SAFe a distinct advantage.
The majority of the upcoming roadmap is predominantly focussed on building out the Digital estate in Microsoft Azure so any experience in cloud technologies, cyber security, SQL databases, API's and micro-services would be highly advantageous. Someone who is familiar working in an outsourced supplied model and managing supplier resources both on/off shore would also be helpful.
We're building the future Digital estate in cloud and we need a committed leader who will take us there. It's an exciting time to be in Digital and a great opportunity to showcase your talents for the right individual. Someone who shows real commitment and is not shy of putting across their ideas to improve ways of working to achieve demonstrable results for our business.
We have a great team and loads of talent to support you be successful. We enjoy what we do and the team embraces challenge and employs collaboration and energy to lead us on the next phase of our digital journey within Schroders.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly.
You'll be working in Future State Engineering value stream within Digital Services - a combination of two agile teams each with a slightly different but overlapping purpose;
• Digital Frontiers - focussing on adoption and migration to modern software stacks and operating environments including cloud for Group Technology.
• SchrodersLink - the institutional client service portal for the Distribution business unit.
What you'll do
• Line manage; sets objectives; agrees personal development plans and provides regular feedback to team members
• Manages the budget of the value streams delivered through their teams
• Manages stakeholders and in particular, builds an excellent partnership with the Capability Owner/s
• Identifies, documents, negotiates and oversees engagements with vendors and consultancy suppliers
• Protects the teams and works with them to remove blockers, enabling them to meet their agreed commitments
• Partners with the Engineering Lead to ensure the technology roadmap for the business is appropriate and aligned with
the technical strategy
• Partners with the Engineering Lead to ensure the backlogs balance incremental delivery of value with appropriate
• Ensures appropriate input is provided and considered by all stakeholders for key strategic decisions and problem-solving discussions
• Partners with the Capability Owner to advocate the roadmap ensuring its appropriateness for both the business and
• Collaborates and contributes within the delivery community to define best practices for GT teams globally
• Accountable for ensuring delivery teams work to increase efficiency and effectiveness through creative problem
solving, improved collaboration, alignment and self-organisation
• Focuses on developing and growing the team's capabilities to support efficiency, future growth and cost effectiveness.
• Contribute to the wider digital technology roadmap and target architecture as required and help align and support
building the future of Digital within Schroders partnering with architects, engineering leads and wider stakeholders to plan
and take us there.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Experience of managing people and developing their talent within large software development teams
• Experience of successfully applying a range of delivery frameworks including agile methods (ideally including SAFe)
• Knowledge and experience of identifying appropriate technology solutions, understanding the difference between inhouse-developed bespoke applications and commercially available off-the-shelf solutions
• Excellent communication skills to help manage relationships with stakeholders of all levels
• Excellent ability to quickly understand the business context of the Capabilities
• Ability to communicate how the work delivered by the teams contributes to the strategy of the organisation
• Ability to produce and communicate effective and insightful thought leadership on technical and business topics
• Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Cloud experience/data Centre migration experience
• Application and data migration experience
• Knowledge of API's and micro-services
• Microsoft technologies (ADO, .NET frameworks, Azure, etc.)
What you'll be like
• Inspiring and collaborative leader, role-modelling agile leadership
• Capable of remaining positive when under pressure
• Friendly, approachable, enjoys working with people from a variety of backgrounds
• Communicates with tact and sensitivity, mindful of how information may be received.
• Ensures everyone is informed and relevant parties consulted
• Comfortable facilitating and communicating using both business and technology terms.
• Shows initiative and thrives in a fast-paced and time-critical business environment
• Respects the direction of management and the authority of business stakeholders, however is able to objectively and constructively deliver the truth
• Holds themselves accountable, demonstrates integrity and deals fairly with everyone
• Lean-agile mindset: focusses on sustainable flow of value, making space for continuous
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.