Deals - Risk & Quality Senior Associate - London
About the Team
The Deals business at PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP is comprised of Business Recovery Services, Corporate Finance, Forensics Services and Transaction Services. The Deals Risk & Quality ("R&Q") team is a dynamic team that operates in the Deals fast-paced and exciting transaction-oriented business environment. The Deals R&Q team's primary purpose is to provide trusted advisor risk and quality advice to the Deals business in order to help client-facing teams effectively manage and mitigate legal, regulatory and reputational risk. Who we are looking for
About the role
- We are looking for a Senior Associate to join the Deals Risk & Quality ("R&Q") team of around 20 people based in More London.
- You need to have technical and interpersonal skills to be able to provide R&Q support to Deals client facing staff across a range of day-to-day queries.
- To support you, you will work under the guidance / supervision of experienced risk specialists in the Deals R&Q team.
- There is a great opportunity for the right candidate to learn and develop in this role.
What you need
- The role is principally to provide support (with the guidance of the senior R&Q team) to client facing teams across Deals in a number of areas regarding day-to-day risk and quality matters.
- Your responsibilities will include
- support to client facing teams in responding to day to day queries in respect of all areas of risk management, including support with reviews of engagement contracts, non-disclosure agreements, and hold harmless letters
- support to the senior R&Q team in dealing with a diverse range of risk related matters, including training Troublesome Practice Matters, and SEC, EU Regulation & other audit independence issues, technology related system solutions.
- As the role will involve interaction with client facing teams an ability to confidently communicate and provide clear, firm and concise advice is essential.
- There is also ample opportunity to work with the wider R&Q and IFS community, expand networks and join One Firm Projects.
- Overall, there is a real opportunity to learn and develop in this role and make it your own, working alongside other experienced members of the Deals R&Q team.
- Ability to communicate clearly with strong presentation skills, and provide firm and concise advice.
- Clear understanding of commercial / client-facing issues and a working knowledge of the firm's risk procedures and understanding of technology would be an advantage.
- Ability to interact with others' demands providing support and/or influencing, with the flexibility to change behaviour where necessary.
- Intellectual capacity to make decisions with strong analytical, organisational and project management skills
- A conscientious, ambitious team player, with good self-management skills and an ability to take initiative
Our people need to demonstrate a defined set of core skills and behaviours. We refer to these as our global core competencies. They're integral to who we are as a firm and form the basis of our people appraisal process. We will also assess you against them within our recruitment process to benchmark your own skills and behaviours. We recommend you visit the below web page to find out more about our global core competencies and to consider how your own experiences will align against them. This will help you through the recruitment process with us.
http //www.pwc.com/uk/en/careers/experienced/applying-to-pwc.jhtml Deals
Our Deals business is an exciting, fast-paced and an ever-growing business that focuses on deals and crisis situations for our clients. Collectively, we deal with the types of situations you hear about regularly in the news and we provide support, insight and analysis to the management, shareholders and financiers of business. Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work ( ie temporary or day rate contracting)? The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply Diversity
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity