Deals - Azure Data Engineer/Architect
About The Team Financial Decisions and Analysis (FDnA) is the modelling and analytics Centre of Excellence within PwC Deals, and one of PwC's highest growth teams. We focus on the application of leading edge modelling and analytical techniques to help clients make good, evidence/data led decisions and solve problems. We work on some of the most high profile deals in the market, across a wide range of clients and sectors.
The PwC Deals team comprises our Transaction Services, Corporate Finance and Restructuring Service offerings. We support private equity firms, corporate clients and lenders through mergers, acquisitions, disposals and restructurings. We are looking to recruit a high performing Data Engineer/Architect to join our team, with the role having a specific focus on value creation projects delivering BI solutions in a post deal environment, but with significant opportunities to support our other offerings. We are looking for someone with a commercial mindset who can rapidly understand and identify the origins of business issues and deliver transformational commercial insight to our clients, enhancing value through compelling analysis.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of developing and designing technical solutions using
cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure to deliver analytics driven assignments to clients in a professional
What we do Every assignment is different, but we broadly define our offering under the key headings:
- Post Deal - driving performance transparency (cash forecasting, strategic planning, and reporting) and value creation to support the investment thesis through a technology enabled approach e.g. margin optimisation, strategic options analysis and operational effectiveness.
- Deal Modelling - increasing confidence in the deal by developing operational, financial and LBO models or by providing independent model assurance for some of the largest transactions and restructurings in the marketplace
- Deal Analytics - providing quantitative insights in the deal process e.g. into customer behaviours, sales and marketing effectiveness, costs to serve and product profitability;
About the Role As a Data Engineer/Architect, you will be supporting a broad range of assignments, stretching yourself across many different industry sectors and engaging directly with the senior management team and stakeholders of our clients. Typical assignments involve working alongside senior management of leading PE backed or FTSE listed businesses where we empower management to make better quality decisions, more rapidly. Our projects typically grow from general performance transparency in both breadth and depth to include additional areas of value creation such as:
- Bringing clarity to pricing, discounting or salesforce effectiveness within a business
- Driving value creation, finding opportunities to rationalize and cut costs, or white space to increase sales and grow the clients top line performance
- Embedding an end to end automated and actionable board reporting dashboard using an appropriate cloud platform and BI tool
- Performing cost to serve exercises, using allocation drivers and operational KPIs to highlight which services or products are most/least costly
- Understanding the performance of different customers and products by applying techniques such as cohort analysis and clustering;
- Bringing together advanced analytics and machine learning software to drive better decision making.
Your responsibilities will include but may not be limited to:
- Designing robust end-to-end, cloud based BI solutions to efficiently move data from client systems into the cloud and reviewing the development of the solution, coaching junior team members throughout the
- Clear and concise communication of complex concepts and their business benefits to non-technical senior management and stakeholders (both internally and externally)
- Connecting the dots from disparate information streams (e.g. extracts from client system, management reports, contracts) and turning them into structured data that can be analysed as part of a Deal or post deal value creation project to provide greater insight to our clients
- Lead by example in your code practices, delivering high quality code alongside clean & simple solutions
- Creating reports and presentations and communicating our findings to clients and their stakeholders
- Proactively assist in the management of several clients, while reporting to Directors and above
- Designing and providing up to date technical training across the Microsoft Azure BI Stack
Essential skills and experience
- To be successful in this role, you will also need to demonstrate the following:
- Strong track record of delivering analytics solutions to clients in a professional services environment
- Experience across the Microsoft Azure BI Stack, including Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data warehouse, Microsoft Power BI
- Experience in optimizing Microsoft Power BI dashboards with a focus on usability, performance, flexibility, testability, and standardization
- Fluency in SQL
- The ability to manage time, prioritise tasks, self-review your work and produce deliverables of a high quality under tight client deadlines in time pressured environments
- Passion for innovation, technology and new tools, and applying and developing yourself to new areas (e.g. quickly getting up to speed with tools, analytical approaches and business challenges).
- The ideal candidate may also have experience of:
- Azure Blob storage, HDInsight, Machine Learning Studio
- Experience developing and maintaining web applications on Azure
We're one of the world's leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, we help our clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them. The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply Diversity
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity