Dealing Team Leader, Transfer Agency
Job Title: Dealing Team Leader
Founded in Chicago in 1889, Northern Trust is one of the world's leading financial institutions. We specialise in providing asset servicing solutions and asset management to both institutional and personal clients. The delivery of products and services to this client base is supported through a network of offices in more than 40 countries around the globe.
We believe our most valuable asset is our engaged, empowered & diverse workforce. As a global institution, Northern Trust is committed to building upon this diverse talent through encouraging innovative thinking and personal courage in an inclusive environment. Northern Trust's commitment to diversity & inclusion is evident in our internal initiatives for which we have won several globally recognised awards.
The Transfer Agency department provides a third party fund administration service to numerous fund management companies covering the full range of shareholder servicing functions including dealing, registration, settlements, distributions, commissions and statements.
The Dealing Team's main roles are to ensure that for all dealing instructions received are processed accurately, within SLA (Service Level Agreements), VP (Valuation Points), and Regulatory and Client requirements
Dealing instructions are received from various platforms and dealing systems, from institutional and retail investors and typically will instruct purchase, redemption and switch instructions from a widely distributed client base, including oversea' s.
The orders will be received to deal via Postal, Email and Faxes which will all be fed into AG (workflow systems) and will include settlement foreign exchange transactions and cross jurisdictional switch instructions.
The team also perform a deal reporting role, answer complex or technical dealing queries and liaise with internal teams and external clients (both retail and institutional), senior management and internal stakeholders. T he key responsibilities of the role include:
• Be a SME (subject matter expert) and able to facilitate discussions and reach decisions across your team and business areas/locations
• Oversee, monitor and give guidance/sign off on the process for a wide range of transactions/funds from start to end
• Oversee, Monitor, Perform and oversee QA (Quality Assurance) checks are performed on processed work items from India
• Ensure all tasks within the workflow and enquires via email and other teams are processed within the SLA (Service Level Agreements) and VP (Valuation Points)
• Follow and ensure all partners are at all times are following processes, checklists, procedures and client requirements
• Maintain a close working relationship with both internal and external clients and partners
• Ensure yours and teams accuracy levels remain high and that they all, understand the impact errors and breaches that are occurring
• Deliver green KPI (Key Performance Indicators) as a team
• Escalate and report where required, as well as being an escalation point
• Complete all mandatory training within the set deadlines
• Train and support partners where required across locations
• Own the delivering/ Understand/Communicate new and existing regulatory, changes and client requirements
• Identify and analysis any key trends from the work you and the team are undertaking
• Ensuring breaches, incidents and near misses are being raised and completed within SLA's, the end to end impact and resolution are being considered/reviewed and that Preventative actions are being tracked and completed
• Support and check Internal/Client Audit and client
• Seeking and encouraging others and yourself to put forward and present their ideas and solutions
• Own, support and communicate the creation/updates of new processes, controls, checklists and procedures
• Undertake one:one's, setting of goals and objectives, appraisals, recruitment, development. team meetings and performance management/PIPS where required
• Partake in team meetings across business area's/locations
• As directed partake/or lead in Projects and changes
• Deputise of your manager as directed/required
• Maintain a positive attitude, be a role model/ professional at all times The successful candidate will benefit from having:
• Demonstrate a detailed understanding of Business Support and Controls, Document Management, Dealing and Box Management
• Ability to work on own initiative and multi task
• Extensive knowledge of collective investment scheme administration and the regulatory environment
• Threshold Competency (IAQ qualified or working towards)
• General OEIC Admin experience desirable
• Ability to work to set deadlines
• Ability to use Excel and Word competently
• Attention to detail and strong accuracy
• Analytical skills are required to research and resolve enquiries
• Good communication skills
• Customer Service experience
• Knowledge and understanding of FCA / HMRC regulatory Environment
• Previous experience of leading a team in a dealing environment is desirable but not essential The Employee Experience - Life at Northern Trust.
Joining us, you would benefit from a positive work culture, where we support our employees' efforts to balance work and home life, in part by offering access to a broad range of workplace support options including: flexible working; emergency family or child care support; professional mentoring; paid volunteering days and the opportunity to buy or sell additional leave. Personal and professional growth - a world of opportunity.
To support our Global business strategy, we have a number of Business Resource Councils committed to promoting diversity and inclusion and supporting employees in their personal and professional growth. We provide opportunities for networking, mentoring and personal and career development across demographic and geographic groups. In 2014, these groups were responsible for a broad range of personal and professional activities including, guest speaker thought leadership, elder care, nutrition for children, stress awareness day, language classes and religious and cultural celebrations to name a few. Interested in giving back?
Volunteerism, philanthropy, sound business practices and ethics in addition to a conservation-minded approach to protecting the environment; all are integral to Northern Trust's culture of caring and form the foundation of our corporate social responsibility (CSR). All employees are given 2 days paid leave to volunteer and support. Take a look our CSR report on our careers site to find out more. About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.