Director, Head of UK and European Real Estate Investor & Funds practice
Leading UK focussed real estate asset manager with an an exclusive joint-venture with a leading Asian Fund Manager requires a deal originator at VP or Director level in London. The originator will be responsible for sourcing and originating real estate transactions in the UK with a focus on the office and logistics & multi-let industrial sectors.
- The deal originator will join a small, highly experienced property team in London
- The deal originator will report into the Head of Asset Management and CEO.
- The Director or Vice President will be responsible for new deal origination and sourcing in the UK
- The sector focus will be on office/commercial and logistics/multi-let industrial sectors in the UK.
- Form, build and maintain effective relationships with local/international real estate professionals.
- Be an integral member of the investment team, dealing directly with external advisers and offering leadership.
- Manage the acquisition process including overseeing due diligence and valuation analysis on target acquisitions.
- Ensure that comprehensive appraisals are undertaken.
- Prepare and present opportunities to the IC and JV Partners for approval alongside the in-house analysts.
- Assist in building the business plan at both an asset and corporate level following successful acquisitions.
- Advise on purchase terms and any negotiation tactics; preparation of LOIs and Final Bid Letters.
- Detailed review of final contractual and economic terms of the investment.
- Co-ordinate internal Tax and structure DD process.
- Closing of the investment.
- Progress with execution of the Business Plan.
- Regular updates and re-evaluations of the exit strategy.
- Bachelor's Degree (2:1 or higher) in Real Estate, Business, Economics, Finance, or related subject from a reputable University.
- At least 5 - 10 years relevant estate investment experience
- Backgrounds include within a real estate private equity fund or real estate investment/asset manager in the UK.
- Proven track record of sourcing real estate transactions in the UK real estate market
- Asset class focus on logistics/industrial and office sectors.
- Strong existing networks and relationships with real estate professionals.
- High commercial acumen with entrepreneurial mindset.
- Strong analytical including understanding of financial modelling.
- Proven deal structuring skills.
- Applicants must be comfortable working in a private, entrepreneurial property company.
- Previous professional exposure to JV partnerships would be advantageous.
- Ability to handle large volume of work; good organizational skills and ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Strategic thinker with excellent judgment and business sense.
- Strong Excel /PowerPoint /IM writing skills.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with team members in an independent work environment.