- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Feb 18
Datafeed Product Strategist (London)
Location: London, England, United KingdomWe are seeking a Product Manager for our data feed products for Fundamental, US Municipal, and Structured Finance performance data. This Product Manager would be responsible for strategic business analysis supporting investment decisions, marketing initiatives, product development, and strategic planning across the suite of products.
The successful candidate will manage these data feed products through their respective lifecycles and execute against go-to-market plans, providing support to the Sales and Client services organisations, gathering market intelligence to establish market requirements for service and creating and pitching business plans to senior management. The ideal candidate will have experience working with consumers of reference and real-time financial content and have experience with modern market data delivery capabilities, taxonomies, and market standards. We seek a candidate with a firm grasp on technology and a passion for understanding the next generation of solutions - this is not a technologist role however the right candidate will be comfortable speaking with technologists in the customer base and within the company.
- Take responsibility for all aspects of performance data feed product offerings including features, price and positioning
- Monitor data feed sales performance and competitive environment and develop strategic responses
- Perform market research to identify new performance data feed product opportunities
- Provide regular updates to senior management on the performance of the data feed suite, strategic initiatives, and progress against said initiatives
- Partner with product development teams through specification and development of product to roll-out and maintenance
- Develop performance data feed product knowledge and deliver training and support to sales organisation with support from more senior members of the team
- Ensure accurate and timely responses to performance data feed product related questions raised by sales/ marketing/ analytical staff
- Train and provide ongoing support to operational teams to ensure smooth delivery of product capabilities
- Represent Moody's at Company sponsored events and third party conferences
- Support the central Engagement team's customer and market engagement initiatives including updating performance data feed collateral material
- Undergraduate degree (Bachelors) required
- Developed understanding of modern data delivery capabilities
- Developed understanding of fixed income/ credit markets very desirable
- Prior experience at a financial technology firm, financial institution, or other data-intensive setting is a plus
- Strategy experience gained in Strategy Consulting, Investment Banking, or Investment Management environment a plus
- Good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with the ability to build professional relationships with peers, senior business professionals and customers
- Demonstrated ability to multi task and work to tight deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work without close supervision
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.