City Fios is a financial services consultancy founded in 1998 by ex-banking professionals. Our particular focus area is client and sales revenue tracking information within investment banks. In this area, we provide a software toolkit (FIOS) which helps senior front office staff in investment banks to manage their staff and clients more effectively. We also provide a ‘Managed Services’ offering, through which we take responsibility for the management and production of our clients’ sales revenue information on an outsourced basis. We are currently looking for an additional Analyst to join our Managed Services team.
The principal responsibilities of this role will be:
To be accountable to our clients for the quality of sales revenue data on the FIOS system.
To carry out the daily processes and controls that fall within our Managed Services remit. These include:
- Processing daily, weekly and monthly uploads of data, resolving any issues that arise with the relevant business areas
- Dealing with senior front office sales and trading staff on a daily basis to resolve issues or questions regarding the data
- Producing standard and ad hoc sales revenue reports, working with clients to provide insightful analysis of their business
To assist with the analysis of any data or functional changes that need to be made to the system to meet developing business requirements
The Analyst will be based at our office in the City, and will support multiple clients. The Analyst would also be expected to visit client sites regularly.
- Knowledge of investment banking products and processes, and/or of management information reporting in a financial services environment, would be an advantage
- Expert knowledge of MS Excel
- Good working knowledge of other MS Office applications
- Experience of manipulating large amounts of data in Excel
- Good understanding of relational databases
- Ability to develop and maintain clear and concise documentation to a highly professional standard
- Good presentation skills
- Experience with Business Objects or similar BI Tools
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with a proven ability to analyse problems from first principles as well as from experience, and to identify and implement practical and cost-effective solutions
- Willingness to perform detailed or repetitive tasks when required, with fine attention to detail and a focus on data quality
- Ability to deal confidently with client staff at all levels. The candidate must be strong enough to be able to say no to unreasonable requests whilst being sensitive to the need to provide the client with a professional quality of service
- Ability to thrive in a pressurised, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to develop and execute plans with minimal supervision
- Ability and confidence to discuss system and data issues with users of all backgrounds, from technical and operational staff through to senior front office management
- Educated to degree-level standard