Opportunity for an experienced Data/Dev Ops Engineer to work for a financial market maker, being responsible for supporting, maintaining and developing on-prem and in cloud data pipelines for trading analytics.
About the role
This is a new role inside the Data Ops team that will be responsible for the support, monitoring and maintenance of the trading data pipelines. You will be the first line of support in finding, fixing and responding to failures at any point in the data pipeline. There will be the opportunity to work with the traders to help them to access the data that is available as well as maintaining and supporting the data access layer.
When not troubleshooting problems, the successful candidate will be responsible for continuous improvement of the monitoring and pipelines themselves, trying to make them faster and more efficient.
This role will be responsible for documenting the data pipelines, including how failures are fixed. Over time they will help us to shape our release and change processes, manage authorisation to access data and help to build an industry leading trading data analytics capability.
- Google Cloud Platform
- NATS/NATS Streaming
- Minimum 2.1 (or equivalent) undergraduate degree in Computer Science / STEM related subject.
- Understanding of trading data sets and parameters a distinct advantage.
- A passion to continuously learn new technologies and skills.
- A love of problem solving and being challenged to find solutions.
- A desire to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- You constantly seek ways to innovate and improve.
- Energetic and proactive.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure.
- Comfortable writing code in Python, other languages an advantage
- Confident working in a linux/unix environment.
- Comfortable using a shell and common command line tools.
- Worked in a Data Ops capacity for at least 2 years.
- Experience in implementing Data pipeline monitoring highly advantageous.