Data Warehouse Architect
Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. We've taken something complicated and made it simple. Tap the WorldRemit App or click on our website and your international transfer is made - to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up. Founded in 2010, we send international remittances from 50 countries to more than 150 countries and we continue to expand our footprint.
Using WorldRemit is easy because we do the hard bit, connecting hundreds of banks, money agents, mobile operators and payment systems around the world. These were never designed to work together, but WorldRemit makes it happen.
WorldRemit has grown on average by 50% year on year and is now processing over £3bn of remittances on an annualised basis. We have raised c.$200 million in funding, currently employ over 750 employees and have offices in London, USA, Philippines, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong and other locations.
The journey is just beginning. We believe in faster, simpler, more accessible money transfers. That means building better products and services for our customers.
Changing the world isn't easy - so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, and have the drive to make them happen. We aim to attract, retain and develop people that can bring to life our values:
You can learn more about our culture and how we work by watching this video on our Careers page
https://www.worldremit.com/en/careers . About the Role
Based in London and working in the Data Engineering team, you'll be helping us build out our data warehouse and analytics platform. We have users sending money from 50 countries to over 150 countries - and we're expanding. The work is varied, from creating new products and features to improving existing functionality, we strive to build a better customer experience and a better codebase. This is real growth at a pace.
We use a modern cloud-based stack - AWS S3 and Redshift primarily with Python used as the ETL language. We also make use of Airflow and Docker for scheduling and deployment. Responsibilities
Summary of required experience & attributes
- Writing great code. We understand code is read more than it's written, better off tested and maintainability is a must.
- Helping shape what we build. You'll be working closely with product owners, designers and other engineers to design and refine our work. We work as a team and your input is key.
- Owning delivery. We're obsessed with shipping value; you'll own work beyond just a pull request. You'll care about bugs, scalability, uptime and other non-functional requirements.
- Growing together. You'll review other's work and happily seek feedback on yours to ensure we build a better codebase and sharpen each other's skills.
- A skilled Data Warehouse Architect: 5+ years of dimensional modelling and delivering Kimball star schemas
- Redshift Guru: You've worked extensively with AWS Redshift and know not only how to implement a warehouse on it, but how to monitor and tune it as well. You have worked with the AWS toolset, including S3, Cloud Formation, AWS Batch and VPC
- An ETL Expert: You will be completely comfortable designing ETL pipelines and implementing them using a combination of Python, SQL, Docker and Airflow.
- Solid SQL experience. You can write complex SQL for both reporting and ETL purposes
- Big-data experience. You have some knowledge of big data related tools and techniques (data lakes, distributed processing platforms, streaming technologies).
- Well-principled. Especially in the craft of Software Engineering - you will understand deeply: modularity, testability, extensibility, scalability and other -ilities.
Start Date: ASAP Benefits
- Life assurance of 3 times your salary, should the worst happen.
- Pension scheme offering 8% matched contributions.
- Private medical and dental care plans.
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 28 after 3 years.
- Free breakfast and fruit every day and Friday 'afternoon tea' drinks and nibbles.
- No formal dress code.