Data Virtualisation Implementation Lead
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Contract, Full time
- 14 Jun 18 2018-06-14
The successful candidate will be responsible for the successful implementation of the Data Virtualisation platform across multiple technology and business groups within Nomura.
Digital Services is a new IT department formed specifically to enable the vision of digital transformation across the Wholesale business. The department focuses on Data Virtualization, Data Search, Data Lake and Data Classification
Reporting to the Data Virtualisation Project Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the successful implementation of the Data Virtualisation platform across multiple technology and business groups within Nomura.
The role will comprise the following responsibilities:
- Leading role in the creation of a Data Virtualisation Entitlements model
- Defining best practice, training and support process
- Developing detailed implementation and adoption plans.
- Working with IT and Business stakeholders to capture requirements, identify and solve any adoption challenges.
- Establishing and embedding the Operating Models and Governance supporting Data Virtualisation.
- Provide technical experience and expertise within the Data Virtualisation space
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required:
- Extensive experience of working within financial institutions particularly within Risk and Finance.
- Experience delivering and embedding Data Virtualisation solutions
- Experience dealing with enterprise challenges across Data Virtualisation within data security and data change.
- Excellent understanding of Data Architecture
- Proven experience working within data services with a record of delivering transformation and innovation.
- Excellent leadership skills
- Vendor management experience
- Minimum 5 years investment banking experience
- Attention to detail and high quality standards of documentation, processes and control environment
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- An ability to influence people
- Strong analytical skills
- The ability to be a "self-starter", working without supervision and a proactive approach
- Experience in the full E2E systems delivery lifecycle (SDLC)
- Detailed knowledge of all Microsoft Office products, i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point, Project & Visio
- Tertiary qualified at a graduate/postgraduate level in Finance, Mathematics, Science or IT.
Right to Work
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers from outside the EEA coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the EEA (who require a Tier 2 (General) visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy from inside the EEA.
Please contact us if you are visiting our offices and require any form of personal assistance or physical adaptations to be provided for your appointment. A member of staff will be happy to help.