Consultant - Finance, IT and Operations
Tech lead for the data and analytics team
An opportunity for a Technology Lead in the Data and Analytics Team at one of the world's largest Asset Management firms in London. This role forms a key position in a cross functional team, ensuring the company can ingest and serve data to the benefit of employees and customers using modern technologies.
The technologies used within a microservice architecture include: Java 8/11, Spring Framework, serverless and container based infrastructure on Amazon Web Services (AWS), CI/CD best practices and an incline towards test driven development (TDD).
Applicants should be interested in a fast-paced group that builds, supports, and enhances global applications.
- Provide expert level IT technical lead services and direction for critical software, middleware, or hardware projects on multiple platforms. Provide technical expertise and complete complex development, design, implementation, architecture design specification, and maintenance activities.
- Ensure the viability of IT deliverables. Recommend development options and approve the team's technical deliverables. Conduct testing, including functionality, technical limitations, and security.
- Identify potential solutions and approve technical solutions proposed by team members. Elevate complex technical issues to IT experts. Resolve technical problems discovered by testers and internal clients.
- Respond to and resolve technical issues in a timely manner. Research issues and perform root cause analysis. Anticipate technology problems and prevents them.
- Communicate with key stakeholders on project issues and implications. Evaluate the impacts of change requests on technologies and effectively persuades and influences others on ideas.
- Maintain a current and working knowledge of IT development methodology, architecture design, and technical standards. Mentor IT staff and identifies training needs. As new standards are instituted, ensure their usage by team members.
- Review and approve documentation and diagrams created by IT team members. Write documentation, including technical standards and processes.
- Identifie opportunities for continuous quality improvement of technical standards, methodologies, and technologies.
- Participate in design, code, and test inspections throughout product life cycle to identify issues. Participate as a technical consultant at other project meetings. Present technical status and issues at milestone reviews.
- Thoroughly understand and comply with Information Technology and Information Security policies and procedures, and verify that deliverables meet requirements.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Strong knowledge of Java 8, Spring patterns, microservice patterns and testing methodologies.
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Appetite for continuous quality improvement of technical standards, methodologies, and leveraging new technologies.
- Ability to work autonomously and effectively manage time across multiple projects.
- Experience with AWS technology such as Amazon S3, ECS, Lambda, DynamoDB, Amazon EC2, Amazon Elastic MapReduce and CloudFormation.
- Experience working with relational databases and managing large data volumes
- Appreciation of Asset Management current industry trends.
- Experience in an Agile processes and CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience using Git, Maven, Junit, Cucumber.
- AWS Certified Developer or AWS Certified Solution Architect certification preferred
- Experience in designing and developing event driven microservice architectures (preferably on AWS)
- Experience with AWS technology such as Amazon S3, ECS, Lambda, Step Functions, SQS, DynamoDB, Event Bridge/Kinesis/MSK, EC2, Elastic MapReduce, Glue and CloudFormation.
- Exposure to Domain Driven Design desirable
- Exposure to CQRS and Event Sourced architectures desirable
- Exposure to using an Identity Provider such as Auth0 desirable
- Exposure to using service mesh technologies such as Envoy desirable
- Exposure to using API Gateway technology such as Kong, Apigee or AWS API Gateway desirable
- Financial Industry experience desirable.
- Ability to work with senior and junior members and work with architects
- Challenge status quo and drive forward architecture design
- Minimum of eight years related work experience, with at least three years of development experience.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience (degree preferred)