Data Security Manager
Data Security Manager, Security, GDPR
Morgan McKinley is currently working with a leading Financial Services services who is actively seeking a Data Security Manager on board to join their team in London. The individual will be accountable for the Data Security Program to set strategic direction and drive operational excellence while leveraging resources distributed across several functional teams.
- Contribute to the overall security strategy in its annual iterations.
- Provide strategic direction specific to data security management
- Improve and manage the data security program and the company wide secure standards for the management of information assets.
- Work with the Security Architects to Build security into infrastructure and architecture designs and guide the implementation with the operations team
- Provide direction and advice on projects related to security portfolio to strengthen the overall cybersecurity posture
- Merging security threats & assess effectiveness of current controls to identify opportunities for program improvement
- Translate relevant directives, guidance, and rules into actionable data for consumption by the CISO and Security.
- Actively maintain and mature Security's relationships with its counterparts at Designated Financial Market Utility (DFMU) partners.
- Communicate vulnerabilities risks and remediation methods to business owners, developers and technical teams
- Perform security testing on data controls using dynamic and static analysis tools
- Integrate the defined relevant security controls in to data security management
- Ensure the Monitoring & Response team and GRC team have the appropriate tooling / capabilities and quality assurance for data security management
- Create and deliver knowledge sharing presentations and documentation to security, developers and operations teams
- Learn on the job and explore new technologies with little supervision to identify new and emerging security threats
- Coordinate and maintain security policies, guidelines and procedures which communicate security controls that reduce risk to levels consistent with risk tolerance.
- Assure compliance with security controls to identify control gaps, develop remediation plans and determine residual risk
Apply below or drop me a note with your updated CV at firstname.lastname@example.org
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.