Data Scientists (CA - MC)
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- PA Consulting
- 17 Apr 19
Data Scientists (CA - MC)
Bringing Ingenuity to Life
We're an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive-human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster.
With a global network of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients, we'll offer you unrivalled opportunities for growth and the freedom to excel. Combining strategies, technologies and innovation, we turn complexity to opportunity and deliver enduring results, enabling you to build a lasting career.
Isn't it time you joined us?
Our team is growing and we want the brightest minds to join our Data Science, Signals and Analytics team. We are looking for specialist/top performers who would like with us build a positive human future in a technology and data driven world
Data Scientists - Using our analytics expertise, we help our clients find hidden insights in mass data sets so you can plan more effective responses to tough challenges. We are looking for juniors and seniors who master or would like to master the new technologies like pig, python, r and are able to work on all (open source) platforms.
Data Engineers - Our data engineering and architecture expertise helps unlock our client's data, opening doors to new business opportunities, optimal organisational performance and great user experience. Our data engineers create sustainable (big) data platforms, work with the data scientist to develop future proof solution in complex landscape of our clients. We are looking for juniors and seniors who would like to build sustainable solutions that help our clients achieve enduring results
Data Architects - We're experts in uncovering the real story buried in data. We help you see what your big data is telling you and visualise what it reveals in a way that everyone can understand. Organisations need to change the approach to legacy architecture to become data driven organisations. We are looking for data architects who know how the future data platforms look like and know how they interact with existing legacy clients' architectures
beneficial although we equally like in-house experience
- A degree, Masters or PhD from a leading university in mathematics, operational research, physics, finance and economics or computer science.
- A genuine affinity for problem solving - an inquisitive mind who wants to solve the trickiest challenges whilst working with incredible colleagues.
- Existing experience in consulting would be beneficial although we equally like in-house experience
- Experience of conducting analysis for evidence based decision making, developing models and decision support tools or building business cases for investment decisions.
- Systems experience: Python, Java, Scala, R, Hadoop, Spark, OpenCV, D3, React, Elasticsearch, Kibana, Image processing, Machine Learning, AI, Internet of Things, MS Azure, Google, Hadoop, AMS
- Experience of leading teams and developing people's skills and capabilities.
- Experience of leading and delivering solutions that involved any of the following specialisms: advanced analytics and data science, big data, cloud based business intelligence and data visualisation.
- Experience of leading and delivering complex business intelligence and analytical projects in consulting or industry.
About PA Consulting Group
PA Benefits package:
- Private medical insurance
- Transport allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn, childcare benefits)
- Voluntary benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment - one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We're committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA's goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.